Watch Out for Smartphone Users
It has become a very common sight: people are walking around, smartphone in hand, oblivious to their surroundings. Just a few weeks ago, a woman in Melbourne, Australia fell from a pier and inadvertently took a bath because she had been checking her Facebook page while walking around. Now the Pew Research Center has published the results of a survey among American cell phone users that make clear how big the texting while walking problem has become. According to the data, 53 percent of American cell phone users have bumped into someone/something or been bumped into by someone who was distracted using a phone.
- Global market share held by leading smartphone vendors from 4th quarter 2009 to 2nd quarter 2014
Global market share held by smartphone vendors 2009-2014, by quarter
- Global Apple iPhone sales from 3rd quarter 2007 to 3rd quarter 2014 (in million units)
Global Apple iPhone sales 2007-2014, by quarter
- Number of apps available in leading app stores as of July 2014
Number of apps available in leading app stores as of July 2014
- Most popular Facebook fan pages in June 2014Most popular Facebook fan pages in June 2014
- Most popular product brands on Facebook in July 2014Most popular product brands on Facebook in July 2014
- Fatal civil airliner accidents by country and region 1945-2014Fatal civil airliner accidents by country and region 1945-2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter