Watch Out for Smartphone Users
It has become a very common sight: people are walking around, smartphone in hand, oblivious to their surroundings. Just a few weeks ago, a woman in Melbourne, Australia fell from a pier and inadvertently took a bath because she had been checking her Facebook page while walking around. Now the Pew Research Center has published the results of a survey among American cell phone users that make clear how big the texting while walking problem has become. According to the data, 53 percent of American cell phone users have bumped into someone/something or been bumped into by someone who was distracted using a phone.
- WomenTech World Remains Male-Dominated
This chart shows a gender breakdown of selected tech companies' global workforce.
- FacebookInteractions Boost The Effect Of Paying For Facebook Reach
This chart illustrates how interactions with branded content on Facebook correlate with reach.
- Air transportationMilitary Drone Crashes Are Climbing
This chart shows U.S. military drone crashes by year.
- FacebookTop Brands See Facebook Engagement Plummeting
This chart shows the average number of interactions per Facebook post for the most engaging global brands on the social network.
- Social NetworksHow Marketers Use Social Media
This chart shows which social platforms are used by marketers. It also shows how the use of social networks in marketing differs depending on whether it’s targeted to businesses or consumers.
- Cumulative number of apps downloaded from the Apple App Store from June 2008 to June 2014 (in billions)
Apple App Store: number of downloads as of June 2014
- Global market share held by leading smartphone vendors from 4th quarter 2009 to 1st quarter 2014
Global market share held by smartphone vendors 2009-2014, by quarter
- Global Apple iPhone sales from 3rd quarter 2007 to 2nd quarter 2014 (in million units)
Global Apple iPhone sales Q3 2007-Q2 2014
- Most popular Facebook fan pages in June 2014Most popular Facebook fan pages in June 2014
- Facebook: number of fans of popular product brands in 2014Facebook: number of fans of popular product brands in 2014
- Fatal civil airliner accidents by country and region 1945-2014Fatal civil airliner accidents by country and region 1945-2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter