U.S. Tech Giants Dominated Headlines in 2013
This chart shows the companies that received the most media coverage in 2013. Dow Jones tracks English-language print publications for mentions of the 150 public companies included in the Global Dow Index.
- GoogleGoogle Is Among the Biggest Lobbying Spenders in the U.S.
This chart shows the 10 largest lobbying spenders in the United States, based on their lobbying spending in 2014.
- iPhoneDo New iPhone Models Make People Think Their Old Ones Are Slow?
This chart illustrates how Google searches for the keyword combination “iPhone slow” tend to peak right after Apple announces a new model of its popular smartphone.
- SmartphonesApple and Samsung Lose Ground to Chinese Vendors
This chart shows global market share of the world's leading smartphone vendors in Q2 2014.
- TabletsThe Tablet Market Is Increasingly Fragmented
This chart shows tablet market share of the five largest tablet vendors in the second quarter of 2014.
- AppleApple Ramps Up R&D Intensity To Pre-iPhone High
This chart shows how much money Apple spends on research and development relative to its revenue.
- Which online news brands have you accessed in the last week?
Leading online news brands in the U.S. as of February 2013
- Which offline news brands have you accessed in the last week?
Leading offline news brands in the U.S. 2014
- Which of the following types of news are most important to you?
Level of interest in various news types in the U.S. in 2013
- Decision about a destination according to the information sourceDecision about a destination according to the information source
- Average daily media use in the U.S. 2010-2014Average daily media use in the U.S. 2010-2014
- Distribution of media time worldwide in Q4 2012Distribution of media time worldwide in Q4 2012
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter