U.S. Tech Giants Dominated Headlines in 2013
This chart shows the companies that received the most media coverage in 2013. Dow Jones tracks English-language print publications for mentions of the 150 public companies included in the Global Dow Index.
- Smartphone market in ChinaApple Fails to Gain Traction in China's Smartphone Market
This chart breaks down smartphone sales in four major markets between March and May 2014, by operating system.
- Music IndustryStreaming Boom Stifles Music Downloads
This chart illustrates how streaming continues to grow, while things go downhill for basically every other way music distribution (except for good old vinyl).
- AndroidAndroid Wear Smartwatches Work With Less Than 25% of Android Devices
This chart shows active devices running Android by version and smartwatch compatibility.
- AndroidAndroid Dominates UK Smartphone Sales
This chart shows the smartphone sales share in the UK by operating system.
- Mobile App UsageHow Many Apps U.S. Smartphone Owners Use Per Month
This chart shows how many apps U.S. smartphone owners use per month and how much time they spend with apps.
- Which online news brands have you accessed in the last week?
Leading online news brands in the U.S. as of February 2013
- Which offline news brands have you accessed in the last week?
Leading offline news brands in the U.S. 2014
- Which of the following types of news are most important to you?
Level of interest in various news types in the U.S. in 2013
- Decision about a destination according to the information sourceDecision about a destination according to the information source
- Average daily media use in the U.S. 2010-2014Average daily media use in the U.S. 2010-2014
- Distribution of media time worldwide in Q4 2012Distribution of media time worldwide in Q4 2012
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter