This is Why Men and Women use Facebook
When it comes to everyone’s favorite social network, the reasons for logging in differ for men and women. Ten years after Mark Zuckerberg founded the platform it has become an important factor in the social interactions of many people across the globe.
As the chart below indicates, in some categories like keeping up with news and current events or receiving updates or comments, both genders see eye to eye.
But, women are clearly more interested in looking at their friend’s photos and videos and also use Facebook more actively for their social engagement. Female users see it as an opportunity to learn about ways to help others or to receive support from their network. Are they more 'social' after all?
- Leading product brands with the most fans on Facebook in July 2014 (in millions)
Most popular product brands on Facebook in July 2014
- Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide from 3rd quarter 2008 to 2nd quarter 2014 (in millions)
Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide as of 2nd quarter 2014
- Facebook's advertising revenue worldwide from 2012 to 2016 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Facebook: advertising revenue worldwide 2012-2016
- Countries with the most Facebook users as of April 2013Countries with the most Facebook users as of April 2013
- Asia Pacific: number of Facebook users 2012-2018Asia Pacific: number of Facebook users 2012-2018
- Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide as of 2nd quarter 2014Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide as of 2nd quarter 2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter