Mobile Phones Are More Important Than Sex
We all know that digital devices such as smartphones have changed our behaviour fundamentally. A recent study suggests that our affliction with mobile phones may even endanger the continuity of our species.
The data published by Harris Interactive suggests that U.S. adults are more willing to live without sex than to get rid of their beloved mobile phones. Let's hope that this is not actually the case, otherwise we might one day run out of people we can text, call or share cute cat pictures with.
- Global market share held by leading smartphone vendors from 4th quarter 2009 to 3rd quarter 2014
Global market share held by smartphone vendors 2009-2014, by quarter
- Cumulative number of apps downloaded from the Apple App Store from July 2008 to October 2014 (in billions)
Apple App Store: number of downloads as of October 2014
- Global Apple iPhone sales from 3rd quarter 2007 to 4th quarter 2014 (in million units)
Global Apple iPhone sales 2007-2014, by quarter
- Global mobile phone shipments 2009-2014, by quarterGlobal mobile phone shipments 2009-2014, by quarter
- Global market share held by mobile phone vendors in 2013Global market share held by mobile phone vendors in 2013
- Global market share held by mobile phone vendors 2009-2013Global market share held by mobile phone vendors 2009-2013
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens