Mobile Phones Are More Important Than Sex
We all know that digital devices such as smartphones have changed our behaviour fundamentally. A recent study suggests that our affliction with mobile phones may even endanger the continuity of our species.
The data published by Harris Interactive suggests that U.S. adults are more willing to live without sex than to get rid of their beloved mobile phones. Let's hope that this is not actually the case, otherwise we might one day run out of people we can text, call or share cute cat pictures with.
- Share of mobile phone users in the U.S. that use a smartphone 2010-2020Share of mobile phone users in the U.S. that use a smartphone 2010-2020
- Internet usage via mobile phone or smartphone in Germany 2013-2016Internet usage via mobile phone or smartphone in Germany 2013-2016
- Share of the population that used a mobile phone or smartphone in Belgium 2012-2015Share of the population that used a mobile phone or smartphone in Belgium 2012-2015
- China: mobile phone subscriptions by month March 2016China: mobile phone subscriptions by month March 2016
- U.S. smartphone subscriber share by operating platform 2012-2017, by monthU.S. smartphone subscriber share by operating platform 2012-2017, by month
- Market share of Android and iOS in smartphone sales in Germany 2012-2017Market share of Android and iOS in smartphone sales in Germany 2012-2017
- Healthcare importance in U.S. 2017 by genderHealthcare importance in U.S. 2017 by gender
- China: production of cell phones by month March 2017China: production of cell phones by month March 2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl