Brands Use Twitter to Boost Awareness Rather Than Sales
This chart shows the motivation behind brands' use of Twitter as a marketing tool.
- Number of monthly active Twitter users in the United States from 1st quarter 2010 to 1st quarter 2015 (in millions)
Twitter: number of monthly active U.S. users 2010-2015
- Number of monthly active international Twitter users from 2nd quarter 2010 to 1st quarter 2015 (in millions)
Twitter: number of monthly active international users 2010-2015
- Twitter accounts with the most followers worldwide as of March 2015 (in millions)
Twitter accounts with the most followers worldwide 2015
- Social media marketing penetration in the U.S. 2013-2016Social media marketing penetration in the U.S. 2013-2016
- KPIs for social media marketing worldwide 2014KPIs for social media marketing worldwide 2014
- Amount of time spent on social media marketing per week 2014Amount of time spent on social media marketing per week 2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens