Brands Use Twitter to Boost Awareness Rather Than Sales
This chart shows the motivation behind brands' use of Twitter as a marketing tool.
Twitter accounts with the most followers worldwide as of September 2015 (in millions)
Twitter accounts with the most followers worldwide 2015
Number of data removal requests issued to Twitter from January 2012 to June 2015
Twitter: total number of data removal requests as of 2H 2015
Number of monthly active Twitter users in the United States from 1st quarter 2010 to 2nd quarter 2015 (in millions)
Twitter: number of monthly active U.S. users 2010-2015
- Leading Twitter ad formats in the U.S. 2013-2014Leading Twitter ad formats in the U.S. 2013-2014
- Twitter accounts with the most followers worldwide 2015Twitter accounts with the most followers worldwide 2015
- Twitter: number of monthly active international users 2010-2015Twitter: number of monthly active international users 2010-2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens