Brands Use Twitter to Boost Awareness Rather Than Sales
This chart shows the motivation behind brands' use of Twitter as a marketing tool.
- Number of unique U.S. visitors to Twitter from April 2011 to July 2014 (in millions)
Unique U.S. visitors to Twitter as of July 2014
- Twitter accounts with the most followers worldwide as of June 2014 (in millions)
Twitter accounts with the most followers worldwide as of June 2014
- Number of Twitter employees between January 2008 and November 2013
Twitter: number of employees 2008-2013
- Amount of time spent on social media marketing per week in 2011 and 2013Amount of time spent on social media marketing per week in 2011 and 2013
- Social media marketing tasks outsourced worldwide as of January 2013Social media marketing tasks outsourced worldwide as of January 2013
- Outsourcing social media marketing worldwide as of January 2013Outsourcing social media marketing worldwide as of January 2013
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter