The Olympic Games - The Business Behind The Rings
This infographic shows that the Olympic Games are not only one of the most important sporting events in the world, they are also a billion dollar business.
- InstagramLondon Is the World's Selfie Capital
This chart shows the most popular cities to take selfies in. According to an analysis of millions of social media posts by personalized map maker Suggestme, London is the world's selfie capital.
- UKThe UK’s Extraordinary Imbalance in Transport Expenditure
This chart shows spending per head of the English population on transport infrastructure by region.
- HomosexualityShould Society Accept Homosexuality?
This chart illustrates the results of a survey on the social acceptance of homosexuality in different countries.
- Global TourismBangkok Surpasses London As the World’s Top Tourist City
This chart shows the top destination cities by international overnight visitors in 2013.
- Tickets available and sold at the Olympic Summer Games from 1984 to 2012 (in millions)
Olympic Summer Games: tickets available and sold 2012
- Olympic Summer Games medal table (total medals won) from 1896 to 2012
All-time Summer Olympics medals table 1896-2012
- Cumulative TV-viewership of the Olympic Summer Games worldwide from 1996 to 2012 (in billions)
Olympic Summer Games: total TV-viewership worldwide up to 2012
- Tourism: room prices in non-euro citiesTourism: room prices in non-euro cities
- Tourism: utilization of the hotel industry in non-euro citiesTourism: utilization of the hotel industry in non-euro cities
- Olympic Summer Games: total TV-viewership worldwide up to 2012Olympic Summer Games: total TV-viewership worldwide up to 2012
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter