The Olympic Games - The Business Behind The Rings
This infographic shows that the Olympic Games are not only one of the most important sporting events in the world, they are also a billion dollar business.
- Tickets available and sold at the Olympic Summer Games from 1984 to 2012 (in millions)
Olympic Summer Games: tickets available and sold 2012
- Olympic Summer Games medal table (total medals won) from 1896 to 2012
All-time Summer Olympics medals table 1896-2012
- Cumulative TV-viewership of the Olympic Summer Games worldwide from 1996 to 2012 (in billions)
Olympic Summer Games: total TV-viewership worldwide up to 2012
- Olympic Summer Games: total TV-viewership worldwide up to 2012Olympic Summer Games: total TV-viewership worldwide up to 2012
- Global viewership of Olympic Games: average minute rating 2008Global viewership of Olympic Games: average minute rating 2008
- Olympic Summer Games: revenue from ticket sales to OCOG 2012Olympic Summer Games: revenue from ticket sales to OCOG 2012
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens