Google Handles 115 Billion Searches a Month
In December 2012, more than 175 billion online searches were conducted worldwide. That is 65,000 searches per second, of which 65 percent were handled by market leader Google.
According to recent comScore data, the U.S. search giant handled an overwhelming 115 billion searches in December, distancing its strongest competitor Baidu by more than 100 billion searches.
8.2 percent of global searches were conducted on Baidu in December thanks to the company’s strong position in China. Yahoo surprisingly claimed the third rank, with 4.9 percent of all searches conducted on Yahoo’s sites. It should be noted that Yahoo’s search is powered by Microsoft’s Bing search engine, but comScore tracks the site on which a search is conducted rather than the underlying search engine. With 2.8 percent of searches, Microsoft lost the fourth place in the ranking to Russian competitor Yandex, who handled 2.8 percent of all searches.
- Worldwide market share of leading search engines from January 2010 to October 2014
Global market share of search engines as of October 2014
- Google's revenue from 1st quarter 2008 to 3rd quarter 2014 (in million U.S. dollars)
Google's revenue as of 3rd quarter 2014
- Number of available applications in the Google Play Store from December 2009 to July 2014
Google Play: number of available apps 2009-2014
- Global market share of search engines as of October 2014Global market share of search engines as of October 2014
- Market share of search engines in the United States as of October 2014Market share of search engines in the United States as of October 2014
- Revenue of search engines in the U.S., 2008-2013Revenue of search engines in the U.S., 2008-2013
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens