Google Handles 115 Billion Searches a Month
In December 2012, more than 175 billion online searches were conducted worldwide. That is 65,000 searches per second, of which 65 percent were handled by market leader Google.
According to recent comScore data, the U.S. search giant handled an overwhelming 115 billion searches in December, distancing its strongest competitor Baidu by more than 100 billion searches.
8.2 percent of global searches were conducted on Baidu in December thanks to the company’s strong position in China. Yahoo surprisingly claimed the third rank, with 4.9 percent of all searches conducted on Yahoo’s sites. It should be noted that Yahoo’s search is powered by Microsoft’s Bing search engine, but comScore tracks the site on which a search is conducted rather than the underlying search engine. With 2.8 percent of searches, Microsoft lost the fourth place in the ranking to Russian competitor Yandex, who handled 2.8 percent of all searches.
- Internet search engines ranked by simplicity in the United Kingdom (UK) 2015Internet search engines ranked by simplicity in the United Kingdom (UK) 2015
- Share of the population that used a search engine to find information in Belgium 2015Share of the population that used a search engine to find information in Belgium 2015
- Paid search spend growth in Europe Q4 2014-Q4 2015, by search enginePaid search spend growth in Europe Q4 2014-Q4 2015, by search engine
- Google: global annual revenue 2002-2016Google: global annual revenue 2002-2016
- Activities of internet users in China 2016Activities of internet users in China 2016
- Influence marketing: most trusted advertising forms in the U.S. 2016Influence marketing: most trusted advertising forms in the U.S. 2016
- Internet search term indices for "job vacancy" in the United Kingdom (UK) 2015-2016Internet search term indices for "job vacancy" in the United Kingdom (UK) 2015-2016
- Popularity of marketing channels in the U.S. 2016Popularity of marketing channels in the U.S. 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl