This chart shows the percentage of traffic to a large sample of websites that comes social media websites.
While experts are busy arguing about when traditional TV should officially be declared dead, people continue to do what they have always done: they watch TV.
This chart illustrates the growing importance of Twitter for the news media.
This chart shows a forecast of digital media usage in the United States in 2013.
This chart shows the degree to which the pre-election coverage/discussion of Barack Obama and Mitt Romney in traditional and social media has been positive or negative.
This chart shows the most popular social media apps among U.S. millennials in June 2014.
This chart shows how Americans' use of screen media has changed between the first quarter of 2013 and the first quarter of 2014.
This chart shows worldwide coverage and the percentage increase in tobacco control policies.
We all interact with different kinds of media all day every day. But for most of us, it hasn't always been this way. Today's children grow up with an endless array of devices surrounding them and this chart illustrates how our youngest interact with media.
Even though online advertising takes up an increasingly large chunk of global advertising spending, it still lags behind traditional media in one key aspect: consumer trust.
This chart shows the percentage of traffic on American news websites that comes from social media sites.
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens