Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Sales of the leading 10 bottled still water brands of the United States in 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)
|Sales in billion U.S. dollars|
|Nestlé Water Pure Life||0.9|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This graph shows the sales of the leading 10 bottled still water brands of the United States in 2014. Aquafina, owned by PepsiCo, was the fourth ranked bottled still water brand of the United States with about 0.86 billion U.S. dollars worth of sales in 2014.
U.S. bottled water market
The United States has the biggest consumer market for bottled water worldwide. The widely consumed beverage is regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). According to the FDA, bottled water is intended for human consumption and comes sealed in a bottle or similar containers with no additionally added ingredients. Bottled water can be either carbonated or not.
Bottled still water has no added carbonation. The non-bubbly beverage is mostly found in larger containers in the retail aisles, but smaller bottles or containers are also available. Bottled sparkling water combines convenient and healthy characteristics for consumers in the United States. These characteristics were supported by marketers and advertisers trying to set up the image that bottled water is safer than its counterpart tap water. Mostly unknown in public is that some bottled waters also come from municipal sources. Before it is bottled, it will be treated by distillation, reverse osmosis, filtration or ozonation.
Bottled still water brands competing in the U.S. market are, Aquafina, Dasani, Glaceau Vitaminwater, Poland Spring and Nestlé Pure Life. Those brands can be easily attributed to companies like PepsiCo, the Coca-Cola Company and Nestlé Waters. Apart from private label products and Fiji water, these three key players captured all sales in the top ten ranking for bottled still water in 2013. The bottled water brands Dasani and Glaceau are owned by Atlanta-based Coca-Cola.
- Revenue of bottled water production in the U.S., 2009-2014Revenue of bottled water production in the U.S., 2009-2014
- Bottled water market: percentage of sales by distribution channel 2012Bottled water market: percentage of sales by distribution channel 2012
- Bottled water: Consumption volume in the United Kingdom (UK) 2006-2013Bottled water: Consumption volume in the United Kingdom (UK) 2006-2013
- Consumption trend of bottled water and soft drinks in the U.S. 2001, 2006, and 2011Consumption trend of bottled water and soft drinks in the U.S. 2001, 2006, and 2011
- Bottled water consumption per person in the United Kingdom (UK) 2006-2013Bottled water consumption per person in the United Kingdom (UK) 2006-2013
- Wine usage in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, by user typeWine usage in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, by user type
- Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2004-2013Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2004-2013
- Sales of the luxury goods industry in selected countries 2013Sales of the luxury goods industry in selected countries 2013