National Football League average ticket price from 2006 to 2013 (in U.S. dollars)*
|Ticket price (in U.S. dollars)|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This graph depicts the average ticket ticket price in the National Football League from 2006 to 2013. In 2006, the average ticket price was 62.38 U.S. dollars.
U.S. sports leagues ticket prices
The average ticket price for games in the major North American sports leagues varies from league to league and also within the leagues. On average, according to research by Team Marketing Report, attending a National Football League game was the most expensive with average ticket prices amounting to 81.54 U.S. dollars in 2013. Tickets to games of the NHL cost 61.01 U.S. dollars on average, tickets to NBA games sold for around 51 U.S. dollars. Major League Baseball had the lowest average ticket prices with an average ticket price of 27.48 U.S. dollars.
Based on the average ticket price, attending a New England Patriots’ game was the most expensive live-experience in the NFL with almost 118 U.S. dollars being charged per ticket. Tickets to Cleveland Browns games on the other hand were the least expensive with an average price of 54.2 U.S. dollars.
Compared to the NFL the team with the highest average ticket price in baseball (2013) the Boston Red Sox still charged less than the Cleveland Browns with an average of 53.38 U.S. dollars. In comparing these ticket prices the number of games played need to be taken into consideration. While MLB teams play 81 home games, teams of the NFL only have eight home games from which to generate ticketing revenue.
In the National Basketball Association the New York Knicks had the highest average ticket price in the 2012/13 season with an average price of 132.22 U.S. dollars per ticket. About 4.5 times higher than the average ticket price of the Charlotte Bobcats which had the leagues cheapest tickets with an average price of 29.27 U.S. dollars.
- Total attendance at National Football League regular season games 2013Total attendance at National Football League regular season games 2013
- Regular season home attendance of National Football League franchises 2013Regular season home attendance of National Football League franchises 2013
- Average ticket prices in major US sports leagues 2013/14Average ticket prices in major US sports leagues 2013/14
- National Football League teams ranked by average attendance 2013National Football League teams ranked by average attendance 2013
- Average brand value major sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA & NHL) 2013Average brand value major sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA & NHL) 2013
- Twitter: NFL players with the most followers as of August 2014Twitter: NFL players with the most followers as of August 2014
- NFL teams - number of Twitter followers 2014NFL teams - number of Twitter followers 2014
- Average paid admission at Broadway shows in New York from 2007 to 2014, by categoryAverage paid admission at Broadway shows in New York from 2007 to 2014, by category
- National Football League - Statista Dossier 2013National Football League - Statista Dossier 2013
- Super Bowl - Statista Dossier 2013Super Bowl - Statista Dossier 2013
- Sports on TV in the U.S. - Statista Dossier 2014Sports on TV in the U.S. - Statista Dossier 2014
- Major U.S. sports leagues: media consumption (Scarborough) - Statista Dossier 2014Major U.S. sports leagues: media consumption (Scarborough) - Statista Dossier 2014
- U.S. sports market and franchise value report 2012U.S. sports market and franchise value report 2012
Report included in Corporate Account only
- State of the Media: 2012 Year in SportsState of the Media: 2012 Year in Sports
- Nail salon services revenue in the United States 1998-2013Nail salon services revenue in the United States 1998-2013
- Total number of members of health/fitness clubs worldwide 2009-2013Total number of members of health/fitness clubs worldwide 2009-2013
- Number of fitness and health clubs worldwide 2009-2013Number of fitness and health clubs worldwide 2009-2013