Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
National Football League average ticket price from 2006 to 2014 (in U.S. dollars)*
|Ticket price (in U.S. dollars)|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This graph depicts the average ticket ticket price in the National Football League from 2006 to 2014. In 2006, the average ticket price was 62.38 U.S. dollars.
U.S. sports leagues ticket prices
The average ticket price for games in the major North American sports leagues varies from league to league and also within the leagues. On average, according to research by Team Marketing Report, attending a National Football League game was the most expensive with average ticket prices amounting to 84.43 U.S. dollars in 2014. Tickets to games of the NHL cost 61.01 U.S. dollars on average, tickets to NBA games sold for around 51 U.S. dollars. Major League Baseball had the lowest average ticket prices with an average ticket price of 27.48 U.S. dollars.
Based on the average ticket price, attending a New England Patriots’ game was the most expensive live-experience in the NFL with almost 122 U.S. dollars being charged per ticket. Tickets to Cleveland Browns games on the other hand were the least expensive with an average price of 54.2 U.S. dollars.
Compared to the NFL the team with the highest average ticket price in baseball (2013) the Boston Red Sox still charged less than the Cleveland Browns with an average of 53.38 U.S. dollars. In comparing these ticket prices the number of games played need to be taken into consideration. While MLB teams play 81 home games, teams of the NFL only have eight home games from which to generate ticketing revenue.
In the National Basketball Association the New York Knicks had the highest average ticket price in the 2013/14 season with an average price of 129.38 U.S. dollars per ticket. About 4.8 times higher than the average ticket price of the New Orleans Pelicans which had the leagues cheapest tickets with an average price of 26.87 U.S. dollars.
- Total attendance at National Football League regular season games 2013Total attendance at National Football League regular season games 2013
National Football League: total attendance at regular season games 2008 to 2013 (in millions)
- Regular season home attendance of National Football League franchises 2013Regular season home attendance of National Football League franchises 2013
National Football League: total regular season home attendance by team in 2013*
- Average ticket prices in major US sports leagues 2013/14+Average ticket prices in major US sports leagues 2013/14
Average ticket prices in the major sports leagues in North America in 2013/14 (in U.S. dollars)
- National Football League teams ranked by average attendance 2013National Football League teams ranked by average attendance 2013
Teams of the NFL ranked by average regular season attendance in the 2013 season
- Average brand value major sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA & NHL) 2013Average brand value major sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA & NHL) 2013
Average total brand value of teams in major North American sports leagues in 2013 (in million U.S. dollars)
- Factors influencing book purchase decisions among U.S. teenagers 2014Factors influencing book purchase decisions among U.S. teenagers 2014
- Average franchise value in major U.S. sports leagues 2014Average franchise value in major U.S. sports leagues 2014
- NFL history: players with most kick/punt return touchdowns 2014NFL history: players with most kick/punt return touchdowns 2014
- Total revenue sports market worldwide 2005-2017Total revenue sports market worldwide 2005-2017
- Nail salon services revenue in the United States 1998-2013Nail salon services revenue in the United States 1998-2013
- Total number of members of health/fitness clubs worldwide 2009-2013Total number of members of health/fitness clubs worldwide 2009-2013