Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Google's net digital ad revenue as percentage of total digital advertising revenues worldwide from 2012 to 2014
|Percentage of net U.S. online ad revenues|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This graph shows the net digital ad revenue of Google as a percentage of total digital ad revenues worldwide from 2012 to 2014. In 2012, the search engine's share of worldwide digital ad revenues was 31.3 percent.
Google and advertising Founded in California in 1996, Google was primarily created as an online search engine enabling users to generate algorithm-based search results, based on internal page rankings. Although Google Search is arguably the company’s most popular product, Google generates the majority of its revenue through advertising. In 2012, 68 percent of the search giant’s revenue was generated through advertising on Google Sites and 27 percent of revenue came from advertising on Google network sites. In total, Google’s net revenues amounted to 50.18 billion US dollars, up from 37.9 billion in 2011. Overall, global online advertising expenditure in 2012 amounted to 107.33 billion US dollars and is projected to grow to 179.41 billion US dollars in 2016.
In 2012, Google was also ranked first in terms of digital advertising revenue of selected online companies, generating more than 10 times the amount of revenue as second-ranked Yahoo. Digital advertising does not only include search marketing on Google but social, mobile, video, rich media and display advertising. During a 2013 survey of professional marketers, it was found that 63 percent were planning to increase their social advertising expenditure during the year. With the spread of smartphones and other mobile devices, mobile advertising is also undergoing strong growth trends.
- Google's digital advertising revenue in the UK 2011-2015Google's digital advertising revenue in the UK 2011-2015
- Digital advertising expenditure in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010-2014, by mediumDigital advertising expenditure in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010-2014, by medium
- Global online advertising spending from 2000 to 2016Global online advertising spending from 2000 to 2016
- Digital advertising spending in the U.S. in 2012, by categoryDigital advertising spending in the U.S. in 2012, by category
- Digital advertising spending worldwide 2012-2018Digital advertising spending worldwide 2012-2018
- Global traffic to leading U.S. social networking sites in October 2014Global traffic to leading U.S. social networking sites in October 2014
- Online video reach penetration in Latin American countries 2014Online video reach penetration in Latin American countries 2014
- YouTube: net video advertising revenues in the United States 2013-2016YouTube: net video advertising revenues in the United States 2013-2016
- Worldwide mobile retail commerce revenue 2012-2018Worldwide mobile retail commerce revenue 2012-2018
- Selected companies recently acquired by Alibaba Group China 2014, by value of stakeSelected companies recently acquired by Alibaba Group China 2014, by value of stake
- Digital games industry revenue in the U.S. 2014, by categoryDigital games industry revenue in the U.S. 2014, by category