Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Google's global revenue from 2002 to 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)
|Revenue in billion U.S. dollars|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic displays Google's annual revenue from 2002 to 2013. In 2013, Google's total revenue amounted to 59.83 billion US dollars. Google's revenue is largely made up by advertising revenue, which amounted to 50.58 billion US dollars in 2010.
Founded in 1998, Google is a multinational internet service corporation headquartered in California, United States. Initially conceptualized as a web search engine based on a PageRank algorithm, Google now offers a multitude of desktop, mobile and online products. Google Search remains the company’s core web-based product along with advertising services, communication and publishing tools, development and statistical tools as well as map-related products.
Google is also the producer of the mobile operating system Android, Chrome OS, Google TV as well as desktop and mobile applications such as the internet browser Google Chrome or mobile web applications based on pre-existing Google products. Recently, Google has also been developing selected pieces of hardware which ranges from the Nexus series of mobile devices to wearable computer Google Glass and driverless cars.
Due to its immense scale, Google also offers a crisis response service covering disasters, turmoil and emergencies, as well as an open source missing person finder in times of disaster.
Despite the vast scope of Google products, the company still collects the majority of its revenue through online advertising on Google Site and Google network websites. In 2012, more than two thirds of Google’s revenue originated from Google Site advertising. Other revenues are generated via product licensing and most recently, digital content and mobile apps. Although the Google Play Store boasts a higher app download volume than the Apple App Store, it still lags behind in terms of overall app market revenue share.
- Apple and Google: revenue comparison from 2008 to 2013+Apple and Google: revenue comparison from 2008 to 2013
Revenue comparison of Apple and Google from 2008 to 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)
- Google: revenue distribution 2001-2013, by source+Google: revenue distribution 2001-2013, by source
Distribution of Google's revenues from 2001 to 2013, by source
- Google's revenue: share generated in the United Kingdom (UK) 2007-2013Google's revenue: share generated in the United Kingdom (UK) 2007-2013
Share of Google's revenue generated in the United Kingdom (UK) from 2007 to 2013
- Google's revenue as of 3rd quarter 2014Google's revenue as of 3rd quarter 2014
Google's revenue from 1st quarter 2008 to 3rd quarter 2014 (in million U.S. dollars)
- Revenue of search engines in the U.S., 2008-2013+Revenue of search engines in the U.S., 2008-2013
Revenue of search engines (NAICS 51913a) in the United States from 2008 to 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)
- Leading U.S. social media websites in December 2014Leading U.S. social media websites in December 2014
- Advertising spending in Brazil from 2011 to 2018Advertising spending in Brazil from 2011 to 2018
- Digital ad revenue share of major ad-selling companies worldwide 2012-2014Digital ad revenue share of major ad-selling companies worldwide 2012-2014
- Number of daily active Facebook users worldwide as of 3rd quarter 2014Number of daily active Facebook users worldwide as of 3rd quarter 2014
- MMO games market revenue worldwide 2013-2017, by typeMMO games market revenue worldwide 2013-2017, by type
- Worldwide mobile retail commerce revenue 2012-2018Worldwide mobile retail commerce revenue 2012-2018