Google's global revenue from 2002 to 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)
|Revenue in billion U.S. dollars|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic displays Google's annual revenue from 2002 to 2013. In 2013, Google's total revenue amounted to 59.83 billion US dollars. Google's revenue is largely made up by advertising revenue, which amounted to 50.58 billion US dollars in 2010.
Founded in 1998, Google is a multinational internet service corporation headquartered in California, United States. Initially conceptualized as a web search engine based on a PageRank algorithm, Google now offers a multitude of desktop, mobile and online products. Google Search remains the company’s core web-based product along with advertising services, communication and publishing tools, development and statistical tools as well as map-related products.
Google is also the producer of the mobile operating system Android, Chrome OS, Google TV as well as desktop and mobile applications such as the internet browser Google Chrome or mobile web applications based on pre-existing Google products. Recently, Google has also been developing selected pieces of hardware which ranges from the Nexus series of mobile devices to wearable computer Google Glass and driverless cars.
Due to its immense scale, Google also offers a crisis response service covering disasters, turmoil and emergencies, as well as an open source missing person finder in times of disaster.
Despite the vast scope of Google products, the company still collects the majority of its revenue through online advertising on Google Site and Google network websites. In 2012, more than two thirds of Google’s revenue originated from Google Site advertising. Other revenues are generated via product licensing and most recently, digital content and mobile apps. Although the Google Play Store boasts a higher app download volume than the Apple App Store, it still lags behind in terms of overall app market revenue share.
- Apple and Google: revenue comparison from 2008 to 2013Apple and Google: revenue comparison from 2008 to 2013
- Google: revenue distribution 2001-2013, by sourceGoogle: revenue distribution 2001-2013, by source
- Google's revenue: share generated in the United Kingdom (UK) 2007-2013Google's revenue: share generated in the United Kingdom (UK) 2007-2013
- Google's revenue as of 2nd quarter 2014Google's revenue as of 2nd quarter 2014
- Revenue of search engines in the U.S., 2008-2013Revenue of search engines in the U.S., 2008-2013
- Facebook's quarterly revenue in Europe as of 2nd quarter 2014, by segmentFacebook's quarterly revenue in Europe as of 2nd quarter 2014, by segment
- Facebook's revenue in the U.S. and Canada as of 2nd quarter 2014, by segmentFacebook's revenue in the U.S. and Canada as of 2nd quarter 2014, by segment
- Facebook's revenue in Asia as of 2nd quarter 2014, by segmentFacebook's revenue in Asia as of 2nd quarter 2014, by segment
- Google - Statista Dossier 2014Google - Statista Dossier 2014
- App stores - Statista Dossier 2013App stores - Statista Dossier 2013
- Mobile app monetization - Statista Dossier 2014Mobile app monetization - Statista Dossier 2014
- US Online Advertising 2013US Online Advertising 2013
Report included in Corporate Account only
- Mobile App Advertising and Monetization Trends 2012-2017Mobile App Advertising and Monetization Trends 2012-2017
- App Annie Index: 2013 RetrospectiveApp Annie Index: 2013 Retrospective
- Biggest internet companies worldwide as of June 2014Biggest internet companies worldwide as of June 2014
- Media important for U.S. consumers 2014Media important for U.S. consumers 2014
- Global mobile app and advertising spending 2008-2013Global mobile app and advertising spending 2008-2013