Quick service restaurant chains ranked by revenue worldwide in 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)
|Revenue in billion U.S. dollars|
|Chipotle Mexican Grill||3.21|
|Jack in the Box***||1.49|
|Buffalo Wild Wings||1.27|
|Five Guys Burgers and Fries (2012)||1.1|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic shows the quick service restaurant chains ranked by revenue worldwide in 2013. Yum! Brands generated a revenue of 13.08 billion U.S. dollars.
Figures, where applicable, are for the most recent reported fiscal year.
QSR restaurant chains - additional information
In 2013, McDonald’s was by far the largest quick service restaurant chain in the world in terms of revenue, generating over ten billion U.S. dollars more than its closest competitor, Subway. Yum! Brands, which includes KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell, was the third largest chain with 13.08 billion U.S. dollars in revenue. In 2013, the revenue of the U.S. fast food industry reached 191.03 billion U.S. dollars. McDonald’s contributed 8.85 billion U.S. dollars to this figure.
The fast-food industry in the United States was forecasted to have over 317,000 establishments by 2013 - an estimated 153,272 (almost half) of these were franchised. By 2016, the industry was forecasted to employ 4,149,236 people across the U.S. With an average annual wage of 12,769 U.S. dollars, the total cost of fast food employees’ wages would reach 53 billion U.S. dollars.
In 2013, McDonald’s was the most valuable fast food in the world. Worth over 90 billion U.S. dollars, McDonald’s dwarfed Subway whose brand value was 16.69 billion U.S. dollars. However, Subway ranked the highest in terms of brand equity in 2012, whereas McDonald’s barely made it past the quick service category average. Nevertheless, in 2013, McDonald’s had over 35,000 restaurants worldwide and earned a net income of 5.6 billion U.S. dollars.
- Maritim Hotel Group revenue 2010Maritim Hotel Group revenue 2010
- Limited-service hotel chains: average revenue per available room 2009Limited-service hotel chains: average revenue per available room 2009
- Tourism: hotel industry worldwide RevPARTourism: hotel industry worldwide RevPAR
- Hotels in the Middle East and Africa - occupancy, ADR and RevPARHotels in the Middle East and Africa - occupancy, ADR and RevPAR
- American customer satisfaction index: limited-service restaurants U.S. 2006-2014American customer satisfaction index: limited-service restaurants U.S. 2006-2014
- Market size of the global cruise industry in 2014, by regionMarket size of the global cruise industry in 2014, by region
- U.S. spa industry revenue 2013U.S. spa industry revenue 2013
- Burger King's EBITDA margin worldwide from 2011 to 2013Burger King's EBITDA margin worldwide from 2011 to 2013
- Overnight travel to the U.S. from other countries in 2000Overnight travel to the U.S. from other countries in 2000
- Number of overnight travelers from other countries to the U.S. 2000Number of overnight travelers from other countries to the U.S. 2000
- Percentage of overnight travel and destination of U.S. residents 2000Percentage of overnight travel and destination of U.S. residents 2000