Revenue of the coffee and snack shops industry in the United States from 2002 to 2016 (in billion U.S. dollars)*
Please log in if you already have an account.
Sign Up for Account
Sign Up for Account
This graph depicts the total revenue of the U.S. coffee and snack shops industry from 2002 to 2016. In 2002, the revenue was at approximately 16.5 billion U.S. dollars.
More statistics and facts on coffeehouse chains
U.S. coffee and snack shops - additional information
Despite taking a dip in 2009 due to the global recession, the revenue of the coffee and snack shop industry in the United States has risen steadily year-over-year since the beginning of the timeframe. By 2016, the revenue was forecasted to reach 32.46 billion U.S. dollars and there was expected to be over 55,000 coffee and snack shop establishments in the U.S.
In 2013, the most popular limited-service beverage and snack restaurant in the U.S. was Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, followed by Tropical Smooth Café and Caribou Coffee. In that year, Krispy Kreme operated 253 stores and generated 412.74 million U.S. dollars in the U.S. alone. However, while Krispy Kreme was the most popular with consumers in 2013, the doughnut and coffee brand was nowhere near as successful as well-known coffee brand Starbucks in terms of stores and revenue – despite the coffee giant ranking seventh for popularity.
Starbucks was by far the largest coffee chain in 2013 with 19,767 stores worldwide - 11,457 of these being located in the U.S. Generating almost 15 billion U.S. dollars in 2013, Starbucks made more than double the revenue of its closest competitor, Dunkin’ Brands. While Starbucks is primarily known for its coffee, 20 percent of the chain’s revenue comes from food sales. Starbucks sells a number of food items ranging from sandwiches, paninis, and salads to muffins, cakes, and scones.
- Limited-service hotel chains: average revenue per available room 2009Limited-service hotel chains: average revenue per available room 2009
- Products and services segmentation of the U.S. coffee and snack shop industry in 2013Products and services segmentation of the U.S. coffee and snack shop industry in 2013
- Number of enterprises in the U.S. coffee and snack shops industry 2016Number of enterprises in the U.S. coffee and snack shops industry 2016
- Number of establishments in the U.S. coffee and snack shops industry 2002-2016Number of establishments in the U.S. coffee and snack shops industry 2002-2016
- U.S. coffee and snack shops industry revenue by cost factor 2011U.S. coffee and snack shops industry revenue by cost factor 2011
- Leading QSR snack chains in the U.S. in 2013, by systemwide salesLeading QSR snack chains in the U.S. in 2013, by systemwide sales
- Quarterly revenue of Starbucks Corporation worldwide from 2009 to 2014Quarterly revenue of Starbucks Corporation worldwide from 2009 to 2014
- Quick service restaurant chains ranked by revenue worldwide in 2013Quick service restaurant chains ranked by revenue worldwide in 2013
- Quick service restaurant brands: Starbucks - Statista Dossier 2014Quick service restaurant brands: Starbucks - Statista Dossier 2014
- Coffeehouse chains - Statista Dossier 2013Coffeehouse chains - Statista Dossier 2013
- Annual Report of Krispy Kreme 2013Annual Report of Krispy Kreme 2013
Report included in Corporate Account only
- Starbucks Annual Report 2013Starbucks Annual Report 2013
- Global Hotel Market Sentiment Survey 2013Global Hotel Market Sentiment Survey 2013
- Global Hotel Market Sentiment Survey 2012Global Hotel Market Sentiment Survey 2012
- Visits to the United Kingdom (UK) from Europe in 2012, by airportVisits to the United Kingdom (UK) from Europe in 2012, by airport
- Number of hotels in the largest hotel groupsNumber of hotels in the largest hotel groups
- Hotels in the Middle East and Africa - occupancy, ADR and RevPARHotels in the Middle East and Africa - occupancy, ADR and RevPAR