Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Share of video on demand users in selected countries from 2010 to 2013
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
The statistic shows the take-up of video on demand on the TV in selected countries from 2010 to 2013. In 2012, 29 percent of U.S. internet users used video-on-demand services.
Online video consumption in the United States - additional information
Demand for a more personalized experience for users and the increased usage of smartphones, tablets, and other devices are raising expectations for the video on demand industry. Video on demand markets are merging in order to obtain higher market visibility. A wide range of services such as internet, broadcasting, and television programs are available for industry users. Prominence in education, research, conference, and of course, entertainment industries allow the video on demand market to reach a broad audience.
The share of video on demand users in the United States and the United Kingdom was at 33 percent and 23 percent, respectively, in 2013. However, in Australia and Germany, the share of users was much smaller at only nine and eight percent, respectively.
In the United States, free on demand videos dominated with 61 percent of time spent on these types of videos in 2012.
The types of video on demand consumed in the United States in 2013 where dominated by movies with 81 percent of users. Alternatively, TV shows were only consumed by 65 percent of users.
Variation among users by ethnicity is also prominent. In the United States, people with a white ethnicity were more likely to use video on demand with a 72 percent, compared to other ethnicities.
- Global audiovisual market revenue in 2013, by source and regionGlobal audiovisual market revenue in 2013, by source and region
- Distribution of video on demand viewers in the U.S. Q2 2013, by ethnicityDistribution of video on demand viewers in the U.S. Q2 2013, by ethnicity
- Global video on demand sector revenue in 2017, by typeGlobal video on demand sector revenue in 2017, by type
- Time spent with video on demand content in the U.S. in 2012, by typeTime spent with video on demand content in the U.S. in 2012, by type
- Types of video on demand content consumed in the U.S. 2013Types of video on demand content consumed in the U.S. 2013
- Number of SVoD households in Europe 2010-2020Number of SVoD households in Europe 2010-2020
- SVOD penetration rate in the U.S. 2014SVOD penetration rate in the U.S. 2014
- SVOD penetration rate in the U.S. 2013-2014, by serviceSVOD penetration rate in the U.S. 2013-2014, by service
- Market Research: Global distribution of revenues by method of surveyMarket Research: Global distribution of revenues by method of survey
- Reasons for declining magazine readership in the United Kingdom (UK) 2012Reasons for declining magazine readership in the United Kingdom (UK) 2012
- Distribution of U.S. advertising spending in 2012, by mediumDistribution of U.S. advertising spending in 2012, by medium