Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Global market share held by Nokia smartphones from 1st quarter 2007 to 2nd quarter 2013
|Share of shipments|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic shows the global smartphone market share held by Nokia each quarter from 2007 to 2013. In the third quarter of 2007, Nokia's market share was 48.7 percent. By the third quarter of 2012 the company's market share had slipped to just 3.5 percent.
Background on Nokia
Nokia is a Finnish company head-quartered in Espoo, Finland. The company has a long history dating as far back as 1865 and first began developing what would later be modern mobile phone technology in the 1960s. The company has previously been a very strong competitor in the mobile phone and telecommunication market. While the company has struggled to maintain a significant share of the smartphone market, and has also recorded multiple losses in recent quarters, when it comes to feature phones, the company does maintain a relatively secure share of the market when compared to other vendors. The company also continues to perform well in the Asia-Pacific region as well as in the Middle East and Africa were they have previously recorded the greatest sales. Across the North American market however, the company has recorded very poor sales.
Previously Nokia used the operating system Symbian for its smartphones. Until 2010, Symbian was performing well in the global market but has since been overtaken by the very dominant Android system and also Apple’s iOS. As of Febuary 2011, Nokia made the announcement that they would be switching to the Microsoft Windows OS. The company was hoping to be able to make a comeback in the smartphone market with the adoption of the Windows operating system. In 2012 however, sales saw another decrease when compared to the previous 2 years.
- Global market share held by smartphone vendors 2012-2013+Global market share held by smartphone vendors 2012-2013
Global market share held by the leading smartphone vendors from 2012 to 2013
- Global market share held by computer operating systems 2012-2014, by monthGlobal market share held by computer operating systems 2012-2014, by month
Market share held by the leading computer operating systems worldwide from January 2012 to September 2014
- Smartphone operating systems: U.S. market share 2009-2012Smartphone operating systems: U.S. market share 2009-2012
Market share of smartphones in the United States from December 2009 to February 2012, by operating system
- Global market share held by mobile phone vendors in 2013+Global market share held by mobile phone vendors in 2013
Global market share held by the leading mobile phone vendors in 2013
- U.S. market share held by smartphone platforms 2012-2014, by month+U.S. market share held by smartphone platforms 2012-2014, by month
Market share held by smartphone platforms in the United States from January 2012 to October 2014
- Security appliance vendors: global market share 2012-2014, by quarterSecurity appliance vendors: global market share 2012-2014, by quarter
- Worldwide PC monitor vendors' market share of unit shipments 2012-2014Worldwide PC monitor vendors' market share of unit shipments 2012-2014
- Global smartphone OS market share held by RIM 2007-2014, by quarterGlobal smartphone OS market share held by RIM 2007-2014, by quarter
- Forecast spending global telecom services 2013-2018Forecast spending global telecom services 2013-2018
- Total market size global BPO and IT services market 2013, by segmentTotal market size global BPO and IT services market 2013, by segment
- Value of the global mHealth (mobile health) market 2012-2020Value of the global mHealth (mobile health) market 2012-2020