Global Apple iPhone sales from 3rd quarter 2007 to 3rd quarter 2014 (in million units)
|Fiscal quarters||Sales in million units|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic shows Apple iPhone sales worldwide from the third quarter of 2007 to the company's more recent financial quarter. In the second quarter of 2011, 18.65 million iPhones were sold worldwide. In the 2011 fiscal year, Apple sold 72 million iPhones.
The first generation of Apple’s iPhone was introduced in 2007, bringing new and innovative features, such as a multi-touch interface, to a broader audience. Since its market introduction, Apple has released a new generation of iPhones each year. The models that followed the first generation are the iPhone 3G (July 2008), the iPhone 3GS (June 2009), the iPhone 4 (June 2010), the iPhone 4S (October 2011), the iPhone 5 (September 2012) and the iPhone 5C / 5S (September 2013). All iPhone models run Apple’s own mobile operating system iOS.
Sales of the iPhone have risen strongly over the years, from around 1.4 million iPhones sold in 2007 to more than 150 million units worldwide in 2013. In total, Apple has sold more than 400 million new iPhones from 2007 to 2013 all around the world. From 2010 to 2013, Apple has held a market share between 13 and 23 percent within the new smartphone sales segment worldwide.
Apple is considered to be among the most valuable brands in the world, according to Milward Brown, and generates billions of dollars in revenue each year. Other notable Apple products are the iMac, the MacBook, the iPod and Apple TV.
- Global smartphone sales 2009-2013, by OSGlobal smartphone sales 2009-2013, by OS
- Apple iPad sales worldwide 2010-2014, by quarterApple iPad sales worldwide 2010-2014, by quarter
- Forecast: tablet PC sales in the United States 2010-2016Forecast: tablet PC sales in the United States 2010-2016
- Apple iPhone sales in fiscal years 2007-2013Apple iPhone sales in fiscal years 2007-2013
- Apple iPhone: U.S. sales 2007-2011Apple iPhone: U.S. sales 2007-2011
- Apple's revenue from iTunes, software and services 2013-2014, by quarterApple's revenue from iTunes, software and services 2013-2014, by quarter
- iPod revenue as share of Apple's total revenue 2009-2014, by quarteriPod revenue as share of Apple's total revenue 2009-2014, by quarter
- iPhone revenue as share of Apple's total revenue 2009-2014, by quarteriPhone revenue as share of Apple's total revenue 2009-2014, by quarter
- iPhone U.S. market - Statista Dossier 2012iPhone U.S. market - Statista Dossier 2012
- Apple - Statista Dossier 2013Apple - Statista Dossier 2013
- iPhone - Statista Dossier 2012iPhone - Statista Dossier 2012
- iPad U.S. market - Statista Dossier 2012iPad U.S. market - Statista Dossier 2012
- iPad - Statista Dossier 2013iPad - Statista Dossier 2013
- Smartphones in the UK - Statista Dossier 2014Smartphones in the UK - Statista Dossier 2014
- IT spending growth forecast by segment in Latin America 2014IT spending growth forecast by segment in Latin America 2014
- Total market size global BPO and IT services market 2013, by segmentTotal market size global BPO and IT services market 2013, by segment
- Value of the global mHealth (mobile health) market 2012-2020Value of the global mHealth (mobile health) market 2012-2020