Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Global Apple iPhone sales from 3rd quarter 2007 to 4th quarter 2014 (in million units)
|Fiscal quarters||Sales in million units|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic shows Apple iPhone sales worldwide from the third quarter of 2007 to the company's more recent financial quarter. In the second quarter of 2011, 18.65 million iPhones were sold worldwide. In the 2011 fiscal year, Apple sold 72 million iPhones.
The first generation of Apple’s iPhone was introduced in 2007, bringing new and innovative features, such as a multi-touch interface, to a broader audience. Since its market introduction, Apple has released a new generation of iPhones each year. The models that followed the first generation are the iPhone 3G (July 2008), the iPhone 3GS (June 2009), the iPhone 4 (June 2010), the iPhone 4S (October 2011), the iPhone 5 (September 2012) and the iPhone 5C / 5S (September 2013). All iPhone models run Apple’s own mobile operating system iOS.
Sales of the iPhone have risen strongly over the years, from around 1.4 million iPhones sold in 2007 to more than 150 million units worldwide in 2013. In total, Apple has sold more than 400 million new iPhones from 2007 to 2013 all around the world. From 2010 to 2013, Apple has held a market share between 13 and 23 percent within the new smartphone sales segment worldwide.
Apple is considered to be among the most valuable brands in the world, according to Milward Brown, and generates billions of dollars in revenue each year. Other notable Apple products are the iMac, the MacBook, the iPod and Apple TV.
- Global smartphone sales 2009-2013, by OS+Global smartphone sales 2009-2013, by OS
Global smartphone sales from 2009 to 2013, by operating system (in millions)
- Apple iPad sales worldwide 2010-2014, by quarter+Apple iPad sales worldwide 2010-2014, by quarter
Global Apple iPad sales from 3rd quarter 2010 to 4th quarter 2014 (in million units)
- Forecast: tablet PC sales in the United States 2010-2016Forecast: tablet PC sales in the United States 2010-2016
Tablet PC sales forecast for the United States from 2010 to 2016 (in million units)
- Apple iPhone sales in fiscal years 2007-2014Apple iPhone sales in fiscal years 2007-2014
Global Apple iPhone sales in the fiscal years 2007 to 2014 (in million units)
- PCs (desktop/portable) global shipment forecast 2009-2018+PCs (desktop/portable) global shipment forecast 2009-2018
Global PC shipments (desktop & portable) from 2009 to 2018 (in million units)
- Distribution of World of Warcraft characters in 2014, by raceDistribution of World of Warcraft characters in 2014, by race
- Hewlett-Packard: software division revenue 2008-2014Hewlett-Packard: software division revenue 2008-2014
- Hewlett-Packard: imaging and printing group net revenue 2008-2014Hewlett-Packard: imaging and printing group net revenue 2008-2014
- Forecast spending global telecom services 2013-2018Forecast spending global telecom services 2013-2018
- Total market size global BPO and IT services market 2013, by segmentTotal market size global BPO and IT services market 2013, by segment
- Value of the global mHealth (mobile health) market 2012-2020Value of the global mHealth (mobile health) market 2012-2020