Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Brazil: Growth rate of the real gross domestic product (GDP) from 2004 to 2014 (compared to the previous year)
|GDP growth compared to previous year|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
The statistic shows the growth in real GDP in Brazil from between 2004 to 2014. In 2012, Brazil’s real gross domestic product grew by around 1 percent compared to the previous year.
Brazilian growth and civic unrest
GDP is a reliable tool used to indicate the shape of a national economy. It is one of the most well-known and well-understood measurements of the state of a country. Gross domestic product, or GDP, is the total market value of all final services and goods that have been produced in a country within a given period of time, usually a year.
Brazil has undergone a huge economic transformation in the course of the last decade and is now one of the fastest growing economies on the planet. It belongs to the BRIC club of countries, an acronym that refers to the countries Brazil, Russia, India and China, a group of countries which are considered to be at a relatively similar stage of new and advancing economic development. Economic reforms in Brazil have given the country a boost on the international stage, which has helped it to gain significantly in recognition and influence around the world.
The domestic product growth rate in Brazil is progressing from strength to strength. After a minor blip in 2009, when a short recession saw the rate of growth moving slightly backwards, the economy has picked itself up and fought back with an increase of an impressive 7.53 percent in 2010. Despite the rapid growth and the perceived increase in Brazilian domestic prosperity, the gap between rich and poor remains stark. These manifested themselves in the numerous protests that erupted across the South American state in the summer of 2013. For days, hundreds of thousands of Brazilians took to the streets to protest the increase of public transport fares, but the demonstrations evolved into a more general protest against increasing social inequalities among the Brazilian population, despite increased prosperity.
- Countries with the highest growth of the gross domestic product (GDP) 2014Countries with the highest growth of the gross domestic product (GDP) 2014
- Growth of the global gross domestic product (GDP) 2014Growth of the global gross domestic product (GDP) 2014
- Forecast on gross domestic product (GDP) growth in selected countries until 2014Forecast on gross domestic product (GDP) growth in selected countries until 2014
- Gross domestic product (GDP) growth forecast in selected countries until 2014Gross domestic product (GDP) growth forecast in selected countries until 2014
- Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in India 2014Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in India 2014
- Brazil: weekend box office revenue - September 19-21, 2014Brazil: weekend box office revenue - September 19-21, 2014
- Advertising spending growth in Indonesia 2012-2018Advertising spending growth in Indonesia 2012-2018
- Advertising spending growth in India 2012-2018Advertising spending growth in India 2012-2018
- Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in Argentina 2014Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in Argentina 2014
- Total population of the United Arab Emirates 2014Total population of the United Arab Emirates 2014
- Most valuable brands in the UK in 2014Most valuable brands in the UK in 2014