Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Brazil: Total population from 2004 to 2014 (in million inhabitants)
|Inhabitants in millions|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic shows the total population of Brazil from 2004 to 2014. In 2012, the total population of Brazil was estimated at approximately 199.24 million inhabitants.
Population of Brazil
Despite being home to the largest number of Catholics in the world, Brazil has a surprisingly low (and decreasing) population growth rate. The majority of women in Brazil use some form of contraception, which is often government-subsidized or free, even though the Catholic Church retains its stance that the use of contraceptives is inherently wrong. Within the space of just one generation, families have gone from having more than six children to having just one or two, and the share of Catholics in the population is dwindling. The influence of novellas — the overwhelmingly popular soap operas often with strong women figures and fewer than three children — could also be helping shape the population’s view of what an ideal family is. The fertility rate in Brazil fell below the replacement rate in 2006 and is still decreasing.
The impending population imbalance in Brazil can be seen in the decreasing lower tier of the country’s age distribution. This follows a trend similar to the one faced by Japan and many European countries, which are now facing the problems of providing an aging population with fewer young working taxpayers. The trend is not quite as extreme in Brazil, giving it time to prepare for the fallout of decreasing family size. This preparation will be important to help the country maintain its emerging economic strength, which is watched with interest by many economists who have said that Brazil’s is one to watch — thus its position as one of the pillars of the “big four” BRIC countries.
- Total population of China 2009-2019Total population of China 2009-2019
China: Total population from 2009 to 2019 (in millions)
- Total population of Russia 2014Total population of Russia 2014
Russia: Total population from 2004 to 2014 (in millions)
- Total population of the United States 2014Total population of the United States 2014
Total population in the United States from 2004 to 2014 (in millions)
- Total population in Japan 2014Total population in Japan 2014
Japan: Total population from 2004 to 2014 (in millions)
- Total population of the EU member states in 2013 and 2050Total population of the EU member states in 2013 and 2050
EU member states: total population in 2013 with a forecast for 2050, by country (in million inhabitants)
- Brazil: weekend box office revenue - November 14-16, 2014Brazil: weekend box office revenue - November 14-16, 2014
- Brazil: number of internet users 2013-2018Brazil: number of internet users 2013-2018
- China: mobile phone users by month September 2014China: mobile phone users by month September 2014
- Inflation rate in Iraq 2014Inflation rate in Iraq 2014
- Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in Iraq 2014Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in Iraq 2014
- Gross domestic product (GDP) in Iraq 2014Gross domestic product (GDP) in Iraq 2014