Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Russia: Unemployment rate from 2004 to 2014
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic shows the unemployment rate of Russia from 2004 to 2014. In 2011, the unemployment rate in Russia was around 6.5 percent.
An unemployed person is defined as someone who is out of work and usually looking for work actively. Unemployment in a country is measured using the unemployment rate, which is an index calculated by dividing the number of workers out of work by the total workforce of a country, and then multiplying that figure by 100. The labor force is made up of the people who are old enough and physically fit enough to work. The unemployment rate is an important economic factor, but economists do not always agree on what exactly causes unemployment. They do agree, however, that unemployment typically rises during bad times for the economy, i.e. recessions.
As for other important economic factors, Russia’s inflation rate has been decreasing for a few years now, while its real (inflation-adjusted) gross domestic product is still recovering from a steep decline in 2009.
As most other economies, Russia’s economy focuses mostly on the Services and Industry sector, while the Agriculture sector plays little to no role when it comes to gross domestic product generation. Consequently, the vast majority of the labor force works in those two sectors. However, Russia is among the top wheat exporters worldwide, ranking third after the United States and Canada.
- Monthly unemployment rate in Russia October 2013+Monthly unemployment rate in Russia October 2013
Russia: Unemployment rate from October 2012 to October 2013
- Youth unemployment rate in selected world regions 2013Youth unemployment rate in selected world regions 2013
Youth unemployment rate in selected world regions in 2012 and 2013
- Global youth unemployment rate until 2018Global youth unemployment rate until 2018
Global youth unemployment rate from 2008 to 2012 with a forecast up to 2018
- Monthly unemployment rate in industrial and emerging countries September 2013+Monthly unemployment rate in industrial and emerging countries September 2013
Unemployment rate in the leading industrial and emerging countries from September 2012 to September 2013
- Unemployment rates in major industrial and emerging countries 2013Unemployment rates in major industrial and emerging countries 2013
Unemployment rates in major industrial and emerging countries in 2013
- GDP per capita in leading industrialized and emerging countries 2014GDP per capita in leading industrialized and emerging countries 2014
- Monthly inflation rate in China as of November 2014Monthly inflation rate in China as of November 2014
- U.S. unemployment rate: November 2014, unadjustedU.S. unemployment rate: November 2014, unadjusted
- Inflation rate in Iraq 2014Inflation rate in Iraq 2014
- Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in Iraq 2014Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in Iraq 2014
- Gross domestic product (GDP) in Iraq 2014Gross domestic product (GDP) in Iraq 2014