Russia: Unemployment rate from 2004 to 2014
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic shows the unemployment rate of Russia from 2004 to 2014. In 2011, the unemployment rate in Russia was around 6.5 percent.
An unemployed person is defined as someone who is out of work and usually looking for work actively. Unemployment in a country is measured using the unemployment rate, which is an index calculated by dividing the number of workers out of work by the total workforce of a country, and then multiplying that figure by 100. The labor force is made up of the people who are old enough and physically fit enough to work. The unemployment rate is an important economic factor, but economists do not always agree on what exactly causes unemployment. They do agree, however, that unemployment typically rises during bad times for the economy, i.e. recessions.
As for other important economic factors, Russia’s inflation rate has been decreasing for a few years now, while its real (inflation-adjusted) gross domestic product is still recovering from a steep decline in 2009.
As most other economies, Russia’s economy focuses mostly on the Services and Industry sector, while the Agriculture sector plays little to no role when it comes to gross domestic product generation. Consequently, the vast majority of the labor force works in those two sectors. However, Russia is among the top wheat exporters worldwide, ranking third after the United States and Canada.
- Monthly unemployment rate in Russia October 2013Monthly unemployment rate in Russia October 2013
- Youth unemployment rate in selected world regions 2013Youth unemployment rate in selected world regions 2013
- Global youth unemployment rate until 2018Global youth unemployment rate until 2018
- Monthly unemployment rate in industrial and emerging countries September 2013Monthly unemployment rate in industrial and emerging countries September 2013
- Unemployment rates in major industrial and emerging countries 2013Unemployment rates in major industrial and emerging countries 2013
- U.S. unemployment rate: June 2014, unadjustedU.S. unemployment rate: June 2014, unadjusted
- U.S. unemployment rate: June 2014, seasonally adjustedU.S. unemployment rate: June 2014, seasonally adjusted
- Age distribution in India 2013Age distribution in India 2013
- Employment in China - Statista Dossier 2013Employment in China - Statista Dossier 2013
- BRIC countries - Statista Dossier 2013BRIC countries - Statista Dossier 2013
- European Union - Statista Dossier 2013European Union - Statista Dossier 2013
- Russia - Statista Dossier 2012Russia - Statista Dossier 2012
- Social insurance system in urban China - Statista Dossier 2013Social insurance system in urban China - Statista Dossier 2013
- Global economy - Statista Dossier 2013Global economy - Statista Dossier 2013
- Total population of the United Arab Emirates 2014Total population of the United Arab Emirates 2014
- Most valuable brands in the UK in 2014Most valuable brands in the UK in 2014
- Ukrainians' confidence in their government from 2006 to 2013Ukrainians' confidence in their government from 2006 to 2013