Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
ifo World Economic Climate Index from 3rd quarter 2011 to 3rd quarter 2014 (base year 2005 = 100)
|Quarters||Index value (2005 = 100)|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
The statistic shows the ifo World Economic Climate Index from the third quarter 2011 to the third quarter of 2014. In the third quarter of 2011, the ifo World Economic Climate Index reached a value of 97.7.
The global economy and globalization
The global economy includes the economies of all nations and countries. Its key figures and values are often represented in US dollars; the United States is the world’s largest economy, leading the ranking of the countries with the largest gross domestic product / GDP. Gross domestic product is considered to be the most important factor when it comes to an economy’s strength and power.
Apart from gross domestic product, other indicators for the state of the world economy are GDP per capita and the GDP growth rate, inflation rate, unemployment rate, median income (which shows the purchasing power parity of a country) and trade balance (imports and exports). Global debt, as calculated from the amount of national debt of all countries, is also an important factor.
One term that is inevitably connected to the global economy is “globalization”, the global expansion of national or local economy. Globalization is a controversial topic. Many critics believe that it leads to the demise of local businesses and industries and thus only benefits large companies and conglomerates, who, in their aim to expand, open subsidiaries all over the world. A significant part of globalization is outsourcing, which leads to job loss in certain areas and cheap labor in others.
The global economy suffered a setback in 2009 when the financial crisis hit and left several countries in severe financial distress. Growth of the global gross domestic product / gdp shows a deficit that year, but it has been back to stable values since.
- Business climate index of Brazil 2014Business climate index of Brazil 2014
Brazil: Business climate index from February 2013 bis February 2014 ( 50 = neutral)
- Business climate in France October 2014+Business climate in France October 2014
France: Business Climate Index from October 2013 to October 2014 (100 = long term average)
- China: business climate 4th quarter 2013+China: business climate 4th quarter 2013
China: Business climate index from the 4th quarter 2012 to 4th quarter 2013 (100 = neutral)
- ifo Economic Climate for the euro area 3rd quarter 2013ifo Economic Climate for the euro area 3rd quarter 2013
ifo Economic Climate for the euro area from the 3rd quarter 2011 to the 3rd quarter 2014 (base year 2005 = 100)
- Consumer confidence index of Brazil 2013Consumer confidence index of Brazil 2013
Brazil: consumer confidence index from December 2012 to December 2013 ( Base year 2001 = 100)
- Brazil: Share in global GDP adjusted for PPP 2014Brazil: Share in global GDP adjusted for PPP 2014
- Annual business climate indicator (BCI) for the European Union 2008-2020Annual business climate indicator (BCI) for the European Union 2008-2020
- Annual business confidence index for the industrial sector in Austria 2008-2020Annual business confidence index for the industrial sector in Austria 2008-2020
- Inflation rate in Iraq 2014Inflation rate in Iraq 2014
- Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in Iraq 2014Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in Iraq 2014
- Gross domestic product (GDP) in Iraq 2014Gross domestic product (GDP) in Iraq 2014