Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
ifo World Economic Climate Index from 2nd quarter 2011 to 2nd quarter 2013 (base year 2005 = 100)
|Quarters||Index value (2005 = 100)|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
The statistic shows the ifo World Economic Climate Index from the second quarter 2011 to the second quarter of 2013. In the second quarter of 2011, the ifo World Economic Climate Index reached a value of 107.7.
The global economy and globalization
The global economy includes the economies of all nations and countries. Its key figures and values are often represented in US dollars; the United States is the world’s largest economy, leading the ranking of the countries with the largest gross domestic product / GDP. Gross domestic product is considered to be the most important factor when it comes to an economy’s strength and power.
Apart from gross domestic product, other indicators for the state of the world economy are GDP per capita and the GDP growth rate, inflation rate, unemployment rate, median income (which shows the purchasing power parity of a country) and trade balance (imports and exports). Global debt, as calculated from the amount of national debt of all countries, is also an important factor.
One term that is inevitably connected to the global economy is “globalization”, the global expansion of national or local economy. Globalization is a controversial topic. Many critics believe that it leads to the demise of local businesses and industries and thus only benefits large companies and conglomerates, who, in their aim to expand, open subsidiaries all over the world. A significant part of globalization is outsourcing, which leads to job loss in certain areas and cheap labor in others.
The global economy suffered a setback in 2009 when the financial crisis hit and left several countries in severe financial distress. Growth of the global gross domestic product / gdp shows a deficit that year, but it has been back to stable values since.
- Business climate index of Brazil 2014Business climate index of Brazil 2014
- Business climate in France September 2013Business climate in France September 2013
- China: business climate 4th quarter 2013China: business climate 4th quarter 2013
- ifo Economic Climate for the euro area 3rd quarter 2013ifo Economic Climate for the euro area 3rd quarter 2013
- Consumer confidence index of Brazil 2013Consumer confidence index of Brazil 2013
- Global inflation rate from 2004 to 2014Global inflation rate from 2004 to 2014
- Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in Japan 2014Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in Japan 2014
- Growth of the global gross domestic product (GDP) 2014Growth of the global gross domestic product (GDP) 2014
- Monthly inflation rate in Euro area countries June 2014Monthly inflation rate in Euro area countries June 2014
- Monthly inflation rate in EU countries June 2014Monthly inflation rate in EU countries June 2014
- GDP growth in the EU and the Euro area compared to same quarter previous year Q1 2014GDP growth in the EU and the Euro area compared to same quarter previous year Q1 2014