Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Major countries in mine production of gold worldwide from 2010 to 2013 (in metric tons)
|Papua New Guinea||68||66||53||62|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
The statistic represents the world mine production of gold from 2010 to 2013, sorted by the major gold producing countries worldwide. In 2010, Russia produced some 192 metric tons of gold.
Mine production of gold worldwide
China, Australia, and the United States are some of the largest producers of gold in the world. Global production of gold reached 2,770 metric tons in 2013. However, the cost of production has also risen since the 2000s, from 263 U.S. dollars per ounce in 2001 to 981 U.S. dollars per ounce in 2013. Production in China has doubled since 2004 from 6.8 million ounces to an estimated 14.5 million ounces in 2014. However, large-scale gold production is minimal with only one mine exceeding 300,000 ounces of gold, the Zijinshan gold-copper mine in the Fujan Province. The production value of gold in the United States has increased from 4.9 billion U.S. dollars in 2006 to 11.8 billion U.S. dollars in 2011. Most gold mining is performed under large corporations around the world. However, there are smaller independent operations and in some cases, illegal mines have also been formed such as one in the Ashanti Region in Ghana where 18 people were killed in November 2009. One of the largest gold companies in the world, AngloGold Ashanti, is headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa and was founded in 2004. It generated revenues of 5.7 billion U.S. dollars in 2013. It produced over 4 million ounces of gold in 2013, with over half of it being produced in Africa.
- U.S. gold production value 2005-2011+U.S. gold production value 2005-2011
U.S. gold production value from 2005 to 2011 (in million U.S. dollars)
- Cost of gold production+Cost of gold production
Cost of gold production worldwide from 2000 to 2010 (in U.S. dollars per ounce)
- World gold mine production 2005-2013+World gold mine production 2005-2013
Global mine production of gold from 2005 to 2013 (in metric tons)
- AngloGold Ashanti's gold production by region 2013AngloGold Ashanti's gold production by region 2013
AngloGold Ashanti's gold production in 2013, by region (in 1,000 ounces)
- AngloGold Ashanti's gold production 2007-2013AngloGold Ashanti's gold production 2007-2013
AngloGold Ashanti's gold production from 2007 to 2013 (in 1,000 ounces)
- Aurubis AG - key production figures 2003/04-2013/14Aurubis AG - key production figures 2003/04-2013/14
- Global production of non-renewable energy resources 2007-2013Global production of non-renewable energy resources 2007-2013
- Countries with largest conventional oil reserves 2013Countries with largest conventional oil reserves 2013
- United Kingdom (UK) oil price forecast in GBP 2014-2019United Kingdom (UK) oil price forecast in GBP 2014-2019
- United Kingdom (UK) oil price forecast in U.S. dollars 2014-2019United Kingdom (UK) oil price forecast in U.S. dollars 2014-2019
- Global production of diamonds historically from antiquity 2013Global production of diamonds historically from antiquity 2013