Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Video game console sales worldwide for products total lifespan as of May 2014 (in million units)
|Units sold in millions|
|Game Boy Advance||81.51|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic shows the total number of selected video game consoles sold worldwide across the products entire lifetime on the shelves as of May 2014. At this time the Nintendo DS was the second best games console having sold a total of around 154 million units worldwide.
According to the graph above, amongst the most popular game consoles around the world are the PlayStation 2, Nintendo DS/3DS and the Game Boy. This statistic also shows specifically how these and other consoles sold in their first week on the shelves. The PlayStation, designed by Japanese company Sony has a loyal following with many millions of registered accounts on their network worldwide. The number of registered PlayStation accounts has been increasing steadily over the past few years.
Around the world there are millions of gamers who play on a daily basis (261262). Daily gaming is particularly prevalent in the Asia Pacific region and also across Europe. Thanks to modern advancements there are now a wider range of mediums available to the public to access gaming, for example: online gaming, social network gaming, mobile gaming, handheld consoles, more traditional home based gaming consoles and more. More recently the most popular online game on the social-networking site Facebook, is Candy Crush with more than 15 million daily active users. This game has in fact proven itself to be so addictive that there is even a rehab program available in the United States, specialized in treating addicts of the popular game.
- Global unit sales of video game consoles from 2008 to 2013Global unit sales of video game consoles from 2008 to 2013
- Video game consoles - worldwide salesVideo game consoles - worldwide sales
- Video game console hardware revenue in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010-2013Video game console hardware revenue in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010-2013
- Revenue from video game console hardware & software worldwide 2012-2015Revenue from video game console hardware & software worldwide 2012-2015
- Sales forecast of video game consoles worldwide in 2011Sales forecast of video game consoles worldwide in 2011
- Smartphone OS: global market share 2011-2014, by quarterSmartphone OS: global market share 2011-2014, by quarter
- Ubisoft's quarterly revenue worldwide 2010-2014Ubisoft's quarterly revenue worldwide 2010-2014
- Worldwide tablet shipments 2010-2014, by quarterWorldwide tablet shipments 2010-2014, by quarter
- IT spending growth forecast by segment in Latin America 2014IT spending growth forecast by segment in Latin America 2014
- Forecast spending global telecom services 2013-2018Forecast spending global telecom services 2013-2018
- Total market size global BPO and IT services market 2013, by segmentTotal market size global BPO and IT services market 2013, by segment