Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Greece: Employment from 2004 to 2014 (in millions)
|Employment in millions|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic shows employment in Greece from 2004 to 2014. In 2011, Around 4.09 million people were employed in Greece.
Employment in Greece
Just like the rest of Greece’s economy, the job market has been adversely affected by the economic crisis of 2008; it has been struggling to recover ever since. The majority of the Greek population lives in urbanized areas, but lay-offs and job cuts affect the whole country; the unemployment rate in Greece has been increasing dramatically all over the country and has almost tripled since 2009.
Greece’s economy relies heavily on services; most of Greece’s gross domestic product is produced in that sector. The gross domestic / GDP growth rate in Greece, however, has not improved since 2009 – on the contrary, after falling to an all-time low in 2011, GDP is now even lower than in the year recession hit the country.
Some of the most important industries for Greece are the maritime and shipping industries, as well as tourism. The export of goods has been on the rise, while imports have been decreasing, causing the trade deficit to improve slowly but steadily. Still, Greece is not out of the red and probably won’t be for some time. National debt in relation to gross domestic product is growing, and Greece is still ranked second on a ranking of countries with the highest public debt worldwide. Austerity measures and rescue packages from the European Union are now put in place to ensure Greece’s recovery from the crisis.
- Youth unemployment figures in the EU and Euro area May 2014Youth unemployment figures in the EU and Euro area May 2014
Youth unemployment figures (under 25 years) in the European Union and the Euro area from February 2013 to February 2014 (in millions; seasonally adjusted)
- Employment in the United States 2015Employment in the United States 2015
Employment in the United States from 2005 to 2015 (in millions)
- Employment in France 2015Employment in France 2015
France: employment from 2005 to 2015 (in millions)
- Number of employed persons in China 2012, by work unit+Number of employed persons in China 2012, by work unit
Number of employed persons in rural and urban China in 2012, by work unit (in millions)
- Number of newly emloyed in urban China 2013+Number of newly emloyed in urban China 2013
Number of newly emloyed people* in urban China from 2008 to 2013 (in millions)
- U.S. unemployment rate: November 2014, unadjustedU.S. unemployment rate: November 2014, unadjusted
- U.S. unemployment rate: November 2014, seasonally adjustedU.S. unemployment rate: November 2014, seasonally adjusted
- U.S. Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI) November 2014U.S. Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI) November 2014
- Inflation rate in Iraq 2014Inflation rate in Iraq 2014
- Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in Iraq 2014Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in Iraq 2014
- Gross domestic product (GDP) in Iraq 2014Gross domestic product (GDP) in Iraq 2014