Twitter Aims to Raise $1.82 Billion
As Twitter announced on Wednesday, its IPO price has finally been set at $26, a significant hike from the initial price range of $17 to $20.
Twitter is now set to raise $1.83 billion, potentially valuing the microblogging platform at up to $18 billion. Even though Twitter’s initial public offering appears small compared to Facebook’s blockbuster IPO a year ago, it is still larger than many high-profile tech IPOs over the past few decades. When Amazon, a company now worth $163 billion, went public in May 1997, the online retailer raised no more than $54 million. Even Google's IPO, arguably the second-largest internet IPO behind Facebook’s, raised less capital than Twitter is now planning to.
The sentiment surrounding Twitter’s stock market debut is largely positive. Despite the fact that some experts haven’t been too impressed by Twitter’s recent user growth, analysts are seeing no problem for the company reaching 400 million users within the next few years. Given the circumstances, it appears unlikely for Twitter to suffer the same fate its big brother Facebook suffered last year.
- Twitter accounts with the most followers worldwide as of June 2015 (in millions)
Twitter accounts with the most followers worldwide 2015
- Number of monthly active Twitter users in the United States from 1st quarter 2010 to 1st quarter 2015 (in millions)
Twitter: number of monthly active U.S. users 2010-2015
- Number of monthly active international Twitter users from 2nd quarter 2010 to 1st quarter 2015 (in millions)
Twitter: number of monthly active international users 2010-2015
- Forecast: shipment value railroad rolling stock manufacture US 2008-2020Forecast: shipment value railroad rolling stock manufacture US 2008-2020
- Forecast: revenue live animal wholesale UK 2008-2020Forecast: revenue live animal wholesale UK 2008-2020
- Forecast: revenue rolling stock manufacture Germany 2008-2020Forecast: revenue rolling stock manufacture Germany 2008-2020
- Forecast: revenue live animal wholesale Germany 2008-2020Forecast: revenue live animal wholesale Germany 2008-2020
- Forecast: total revenue railroad rolling stock manufacture Canada 2008-2020Forecast: total revenue railroad rolling stock manufacture Canada 2008-2020
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens