2013 Was a Slower Year for New Startups
This chart shows the number of tech startups founded in selected cities in 2012/2013.
- AmazonAmazon Prime Members Heavily Outspend Non-Prime Customers
This chart shows how much Amazon Prime members spend on Amazon.com compared to regular customers.
- GoogleGoogle Heavily Outspends Tech Rivals on Lobbying
This chart shows the lobbying expenditure of high-profile tech companies in the United States.
- EmploymentSkill Levels Are the Greatest Hiring Challenge for Start-ups
This chart shows the most challenging aspects of finding and retaining talent for start-ups in 2013.
- United StatesEconomic Clout of Women-Owned Firms on the Rise in the U.S.
This chart shows key facts on female-owned firms in the United States
- Global economyUber Becomes the World's Most Valuable Startup
This chart shows the world's most valuable startups as of June 2014.
- Distribution of time spent on apps on iOS and Android devices in April 2014, by category
Time spent on apps on iOS and Android devices 2014, by category
- Percentage of time spent on mobile web and apps on connected devices in 2013 and 2014
Mobile internet: distribution of time spent on web and apps 2013-2014
- Mobile-only visitors to leading multi-platform web properties in the United States in January 2014 (in millions)
Mobile-only visitors to leading U.S. web properties in January 2014
- Survival rate of start-ups grounded in 1994 and 2000, by year U.S.Survival rate of start-ups grounded in 1994 and 2000, by year U.S.
- Number of businesses less than 1 year old, U.S. 1994 to 2010Number of businesses less than 1 year old, U.S. 1994 to 2010
- Tourism industry: survival rate of new pubs, bars and nightclubs in the UK 2008-2011Tourism industry: survival rate of new pubs, bars and nightclubs in the UK 2008-2011
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter