30% of U.S. Adults Get News on Facebook
According to Pew Research's State of the News Media, the role that social media plays in the spreading of news isn’t as big as many people tend to believe. The only social network that is really relevant as a news source is Facebook with 30 percent of U.S. adults at least occasionally using it to get news.
- Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide as of 1st quarter 2015 (in millions)
Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2015
- Leading social networks worldwide as of March 2015, ranked by number of active users (in millions)
Global social networks ranked by number of users 2015
- Number of social network users worldwide from 2010 to 2018 (in billions)
Number of global social network users 2010-2018
- Social media channel usage in commercial enterprises in Germany 2014Social media channel usage in commercial enterprises in Germany 2014
- Social media platforms used by marketers worldwide 2015Social media platforms used by marketers worldwide 2015
- Reasons for using social media by online retailers in Germany 2014Reasons for using social media by online retailers in Germany 2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens