30% of U.S. Adults Get News on Facebook
According to Pew Research's State of the News Media, the role that social media plays in the spreading of news isn’t as big as many people tend to believe. The only social network that is really relevant as a news source is Facebook with 30 percent of U.S. adults at least occasionally using it to get news.
- Social media news consumption among mobile users in the U.S. 2014, by deviceSocial media news consumption among mobile users in the U.S. 2014, by device
- News consumption via social media 2015, by typeNews consumption via social media 2015, by type
- Social media channel usage in commercial enterprises in Germany 2015Social media channel usage in commercial enterprises in Germany 2015
- Global number of internet users 2005-2016Global number of internet users 2005-2016
- Most popular Facebook fan pages 2016Most popular Facebook fan pages 2016
- Leading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewersLeading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewers
- Revenue of global public internet companies 2014-2015Revenue of global public internet companies 2014-2015
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens