How Different Tablet Users Spend Their Time
When it comes to e-book reading among tablet users, Kindle Fire owners are way ahead, little surprise given Amazon’s affinity with books, both paper and electronic. Interestingly, however, they do not browse the Internet or check their email accounts as often as Apple iPad and Samsung Galaxy owners. 67 percent of Kindle Fire owners frequently use their devices for e-reading as opposed to 33 percent of iPad and Galaxy users.
- Projected unit shipments of tablets worldwide from 2010 to 2019 (in million units)
Global tablet shipments forecast 2010-2019
- Worldwide tablet shipments from 2nd quarter 2010 to 4th quarter 2014 (in million units)
Worldwide tablet shipments 2010-2014, by quarter
- Global tablet shipments from 2010 to 2014, by operating system (in million units)
Global tablet shipments by operating system per quarter 2010-2014
- Survey: consumer satisfaction with tablet devices in the U.S. 2013Survey: consumer satisfaction with tablet devices in the U.S. 2013
- Market share of tablet brands in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013Market share of tablet brands in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013
- Apple iPad sales worldwide 2010-2015, by quarterApple iPad sales worldwide 2010-2015, by quarter
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens