Microsoft Remains the World's No. 1 Software Maker
Despite all its recent troubles, Microsoft remains the world's largest software maker by a distance. The stuttering start of Windows 8 notwithstanding, the Redmond-based company made more than twice as much money selling software in 2013 than any other company. This week, Microsoft's new CEO Satya Nadella unveiled Office for Apple's iOS devices which could further boost sales of the company's most profitable product.
- Microsoft's global revenue in the fiscal years from 2002 to 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Microsoft's global revenue 2002-2014
- Microsoft's net income from 2002 to 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Net income of Microsoft 2002-2014
- Microsoft's revenue by segment in the 2014 financial year (in billion U.S. dollars)
Revenue of Microsoft broken down by segment 2014 financial year
- Packaged software industry: U.S. revenue 2000-2009Packaged software industry: U.S. revenue 2000-2009
- Companies in the software industry in China 2013Companies in the software industry in China 2013
- Software industry revenue in China in 2011Software industry revenue in China in 2011
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter