Microsoft Remains the World's No. 1 Software Maker
Despite all its recent troubles, Microsoft remains the world's largest software maker by a distance. The stuttering start of Windows 8 notwithstanding, the Redmond-based company made more than twice as much money selling software in 2013 than any other company. This week, Microsoft's new CEO Satya Nadella unveiled Office for Apple's iOS devices which could further boost sales of the company's most profitable product.
- Revenue in the software industry in Germany 2007-2015, by segmentsRevenue in the software industry in Germany 2007-2015, by segments
- China's software industry by segment in 2014China's software industry by segment in 2014
- Jobs from software industry in the U.S. 2014, by key stateJobs from software industry in the U.S. 2014, by key state
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016
- Leading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewersLeading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewers
- Smartphone sales revenue worldwide 2013-2016Smartphone sales revenue worldwide 2013-2016
- Global IT spending forecast 2005-2020Global IT spending forecast 2005-2020
- Global IT spending forecast 2012-2020, by segmentGlobal IT spending forecast 2012-2020, by segment
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl