How Much Screen Time Book-to-TV Adaptations Get Out of a Page
When books are adapted for television series or movies, there are different approaches to how this can be done. According to the Guardian, "Boardwalk Empire", the HBO series set in the prohibition era, has already squeezed four seasons out of the 312-page book by which it was inspired. Hit series "Game of Thrones" on the other hand is much more economical with its source material. Its first three seasons, clocking in at 26.5 hours, cover 1,980 pages of George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Fire and Ice" epic. That means "Game of Thrones" gets 0.8 minutes of screen time out of a page while "Boardwalk Empire" spends 8.77 minutes per page of the book it's based on.
- Revenue of the TV industry in the United States in 2012 and 2017, by source
Revenue of the TV industry in the U.S. 2012 and 2017, by source
- How much can you believe in each?
Credibility of major news organizations in the U.S. 2012
- Leading U.S. media companies in 2012, by market value (in billion U.S. dollars)
Leading U.S. media companies in 2012, by market value
- IT spending growth forecast by segment in Latin America 2014IT spending growth forecast by segment in Latin America 2014
- Top car brands based on value from car owner opinion in the U.S. 2013Top car brands based on value from car owner opinion in the U.S. 2013
- Wine usage in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, by user typeWine usage in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, by user type
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter