Despite Progress, 750 Million People Still Without Drinking Water
This chart shows how many people in the world have access to clean drinking water and how many still haven't despite all progress. For more information on what qualifies as improved/unimproved water click here.
- Health careIf You Want America's Best Paid Jobs, Go to Med School
This chart show the highest annual mean wages in the United States in 2013.
- Health2014: The Deadliest Ever Ebola Virus Outbreak
This chart shows Ebola virus outbreaks by year.
- SoccerWorld Cup Joy Muffled by Brazilian Social Issues
The chart below shows the results of a survey among Brazilians regarding the situation in their country prior to hosting the World Cup.
- SoccerThe World Cup’s 10 Hottest Teams
This chart shows the average temperature at kickoff of 2014 World Cup group matches.
- European UnionEstonia Has Europe’s Worst Drug Problem
This chart shows drug-induced deaths per million of the population in 2012.
- World's largest diversified utilities as of April 1, 2014, based on market value (in billion U.S. dollars)
World's largest diversified utilities as of April 1, 2014
- Annual water consumption per capita in selected countries (in cubic meters)*
Water consumption: per capita in selected countries
- Projected size of the global sustainable water management market from 2011 to 2020 (in billion euros)
Size of global sustainable water management market 2011-2020
- Quality of the world's drinking water supply 1990 to 2015Quality of the world's drinking water supply 1990 to 2015
- Drinking water coverage by type of water source: undeveloped areasDrinking water coverage by type of water source: undeveloped areas
- Drinking water consumption - selected countries 2010Drinking water consumption - selected countries 2010
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter