Despite Progress, 750 Million People Still Without Drinking Water
This chart shows how many people in the world have access to clean drinking water and how many still haven't despite all progress. For more information on what qualifies as improved/unimproved water click here.
- Annual water consumption per capita in selected countries (in cubic meters)*
Water consumption: per capita in selected countries
- World's largest diversified utilities as of April 1, 2014, based on market value (in billion U.S. dollars)
World's largest diversified utilities as of April 1, 2014
- Projected size of the global sustainable water management market from 2011 to 2020 (in billion euros)
Size of global sustainable water management market 2011-2020
- Drinking water coverage by type of water source: undeveloped areasDrinking water coverage by type of water source: undeveloped areas
- Drinking water consumption - selected countries 2010Drinking water consumption - selected countries 2010
- Access to potable water in selected African countries in 2010Access to potable water in selected African countries in 2010
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens