YouTube and Facebook Account for a Third of Mobile Web Traffic
According to a new report from Sandvine, YouTube and Facebook account for roughly one third of mobile traffic in North America during peak periods. HTTP, the protocol used for simple web browsing, is ranked third, accounting for 12.6% of mobile traffic.
The Top 10 are comprised of many popular apps/services and account for a combined total of 77%. The remaining 23% percent are accounted for the huge long tail of mobile apps available.
- Global mobile data traffic from 2014 to 2019 (in exabytes per month)
Global mobile data traffic 2014-2019
- Leading e-retailers worldwide in 2014, ranked by mobile conversion rate
Leading global e-retailers in 2014, ranked by mobile conversion rate
- Percentage of time spent on mobile web and apps on connected devices in 2013 and 2014
Mobile internet: distribution of time spent on web and apps 2013-2014
- Reasons for declining magazine readership in the United Kingdom (UK) 2012Reasons for declining magazine readership in the United Kingdom (UK) 2012
- U.S. housing: Case Shiller National Home Price Index 2013-2014U.S. housing: Case Shiller National Home Price Index 2013-2014
- UK politics: MPs basic salary UK 2010-2016UK politics: MPs basic salary UK 2010-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens