YouTube and Facebook Account for a Third of Mobile Web Traffic
According to a new report from Sandvine, YouTube and Facebook account for roughly one third of mobile traffic in North America during peak periods. HTTP, the protocol used for simple web browsing, is ranked third, accounting for 12.6% of mobile traffic.
The Top 10 are comprised of many popular apps/services and account for a combined total of 77%. The remaining 23% percent are accounted for the huge long tail of mobile apps available.
- Mobile CommunicationsMobile Data Traffic Looks Set to Explode
This chart shows an estimate of how mobile data traffic is going to take off within the next five years.
- Mobile CommunicationsWireless Data Is Increasingly Important to Carriers
This chart shows Verizon’s wireless data revenue as a percentage of total wireless service revenue.
- Mobile InternetLTE Boosts Mobile Data Consumption
This chart shows how LTE networks are boosting cellular data consumption in the world's largest LTE markets.
- Distribution of time spent on apps on iOS and Android devices in April 2014, by category
Time spent on apps on iOS and Android devices 2014, by category
- Percentage of time spent on mobile web and apps on connected devices in 2013 and 2014
Mobile internet: distribution of time spent on web and apps 2013-2014
- Mobile-only visitors to leading multi-platform web properties in the United States in January 2014 (in millions)
Mobile-only visitors to leading U.S. web properties in January 2014
- Gobal mobile data traffic CAGR 2013-2018, by regionGobal mobile data traffic CAGR 2013-2018, by region
- Global device unit and mobile data traffic 2013-2018 CAGRGlobal device unit and mobile data traffic 2013-2018 CAGR
- Forecast: gobal mobile data traffic 2010-2018Forecast: gobal mobile data traffic 2010-2018
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter