YouTube and Facebook Account for a Third of Mobile Web Traffic
According to a new report from Sandvine, YouTube and Facebook account for roughly one third of mobile traffic in North America during peak periods. HTTP, the protocol used for simple web browsing, is ranked third, accounting for 12.6% of mobile traffic.
The Top 10 are comprised of many popular apps/services and account for a combined total of 77%. The remaining 23% percent are accounted for the huge long tail of mobile apps available.
- Most played PC games 2015Most played PC games 2015
- Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016
- Global social networks ranked by number of users 2017Global social networks ranked by number of users 2017
- Estimated weekly TV ad spend of U.S. companies February 17-23, 2017Estimated weekly TV ad spend of U.S. companies February 17-23, 2017
- Weekend box office revenue in the United Kingdom (UK) February 17-19, 2017Weekend box office revenue in the United Kingdom (UK) February 17-19, 2017
- Public IT cloud services: global market growth 2011-2020Public IT cloud services: global market growth 2011-2020
- Public cloud services: market forecast 2009-2020Public cloud services: market forecast 2009-2020
- Gross revenue from gaming and gambling in Macau 2007-2016Gross revenue from gaming and gambling in Macau 2007-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl