Consumers Are Willing to Pay a Price for Sustainability
The willingness to pay for sustainable products has increased universally since 2011. On a global scale, the percentage of consumers willing to pay a premium for sustainable products and services increased from 45% in 2011 to 55% in 2014. Surprisingly however, the willingness to pay more is the lowest in the richest parts of the world, namely North America and Europe where only 42% and 40%, respectively, are willing to accept higher prices for products from socially responsible companies.
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens