Consumers Are Willing to Pay a Price for Sustainability
The willingness to pay for sustainable products has increased universally since 2011. On a global scale, the percentage of consumers willing to pay a premium for sustainable products and services increased from 45% in 2011 to 55% in 2014. Surprisingly however, the willingness to pay more is the lowest in the richest parts of the world, namely North America and Europe where only 42% and 40%, respectively, are willing to accept higher prices for products from socially responsible companies.
- Effect of CSR on purchase decisions in the U.S. 2007-2014Effect of CSR on purchase decisions in the U.S. 2007-2014
- U.S. employees - satisfaction with corporate social responsibility 2012U.S. employees - satisfaction with corporate social responsibility 2012
- Importance of employer's commitment corporate social responsibility 2012Importance of employer's commitment corporate social responsibility 2012
- Environmentally motivated actions taken in the preceding month in the UK in 2014Environmentally motivated actions taken in the preceding month in the UK in 2014
- Worldwide investment in clean energy 2004-2016Worldwide investment in clean energy 2004-2016
- Sustainable energy investment: wind energy technologies 2004-2016Sustainable energy investment: wind energy technologies 2004-2016
- Renewable energy - investment in solar energy technologies 2004-2016Renewable energy - investment in solar energy technologies 2004-2016
- Global investments in biofuel technologies 2016Global investments in biofuel technologies 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl