Smartphone Shoppers Rarely Close the Deal
In the past couple of years, smartphones and tablets have become integral parts of our everyday lives. Mobile devices have changed the way we work, the way we consume media AND the way we shop.
According to research published by Monetate, a provider of e-commerce solutions, tablets and smartphones accounted for 35% of e-commerce website traffic in Q4 2014, almost doubling from just 18% in Q4 2012.
While smartphones now account for more e-commerce traffic than tablets do, the conversion rate, i.e. the percentage of visitors who actually buy stuff, is much higher on tablets than it is on smartphones. The data suggests that even though smartphones become more and more popular to browse for products and compare prices, consumers still turn to bigger devices to make their online purchases.
- Net sales revenue of Amazon from 2004 to 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Annual net revenue of Amazon 2004-2014
- U.S. online retail spending on Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday and Cyber Monday from 2008 to 2014
Online retail spending on Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014
- Most popular retail websites in the United States as of 3rd quarter 2014, ranked by visitors (in millions)
Monthly unique visitors to U.S. retail websites in 3rd quarter 2014
- Global mobile shopping order value 2014, by categoryGlobal mobile shopping order value 2014, by category
- U.S. online shopping order values in 1st quarter 2014, by smartphone typeU.S. online shopping order values in 1st quarter 2014, by smartphone type
- Percentage of U.S. smartphone users who use mobile shopping 2013-2018Percentage of U.S. smartphone users who use mobile shopping 2013-2018
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens