Smartphone Shoppers Rarely Close the Deal
In the past couple of years, smartphones and tablets have become integral parts of our everyday lives. Mobile devices have changed the way we work, the way we read, the way we consume media AND the way we shop.
According to research published by Monetate, a provider of e-commerce solutions, tablets and smartphones accounted for 27% of e-commerce website traffic in Q4 2013, up from 18% in Q4 2012.
Tablets account for more traffic than smartphones do, and the conversion rate on tablets is much higher than it is on smartphones. The data suggests that tablet users actually make purchases on their device while smartphone users browse products and check prices on the go but turn to bigger devices or actual brick-and-mortar stores to make the purchase.
- Most popular retail websites in the United States as of 2nd quarter 2014, ranked by visitors (in millions)
Monthly unique visitors to U.S. retail websites in 2nd quarter 2014
- Annual travel e-commerce sales in the United States from 2002 to 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Annual travel e-commerce revenue in the United States 2002-2013
- Annual B2C e-commerce sales in the United States from 2002 to 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Annual B2C e-commerce sales in the United States 2002-2013
- Global mobile shopping order value 2014, by categoryGlobal mobile shopping order value 2014, by category
- Most popular mobile shopping activities in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013Most popular mobile shopping activities in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013
- U.S. online shopping order values in 1st quarter 2014, by smartphone typeU.S. online shopping order values in 1st quarter 2014, by smartphone type
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens