Smartphone Shoppers Rarely Close the Deal
In the past couple of years, smartphones and tablets have become integral parts of our everyday lives. Mobile devices have changed the way we work, the way we read, the way we consume media AND the way we shop.
According to research published by Monetate, a provider of e-commerce solutions, tablets and smartphones accounted for 27% of e-commerce website traffic in Q4 2013, up from 18% in Q4 2012.
Tablets account for more traffic than smartphones do, and the conversion rate on tablets is much higher than it is on smartphones. The data suggests that tablet users actually make purchases on their device while smartphone users browse products and check prices on the go but turn to bigger devices or actual brick-and-mortar stores to make the purchase.
- AmazonAmazon's Online Sales Dwarf the Competition
This chart shows the the 10 largest online retailers in the United States, based on online retail sales in 2013.
- E-Commerce in ChinaChina On Path to World Domination in Ecommerce
This chart shows a forecast of the B2C ecommerce sales growth 2014 in selected countries.
- Online ShoppingMobile Shopping in the United States
Today’s chart shows a platform breakdown of U.S. online and mobile shopping revenue alongside a forecast of mobile commerce revenue in the United States.
- AmazonAmazon Outperforms the U.S. E-Commerce Sector
Today’s chart shows how Amazon's growth in North America compares to the growth of the U.S. e-commerce sector as a whole.
- TabletsMobile Commerce in the United States
This chart illustrates the rise of mobile commerce in the United States.
- Most popular retail websites in the United States as of 1st quarter 2014, ranked by visitors (in millions)
Monthly unique visitors to U.S. retail websites in 1st quarter 2014
- Annual B2C e-commerce sales in the United States from 2002 to 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Annual B2C e-commerce sales in the United States 2002-2013
- Annual travel e-commerce sales in the United States from 2002 to 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Annual travel e-commerce revenue in the United States 2002-2013
- Most popular mobile shopping activities in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013Most popular mobile shopping activities in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013
- U.S. online shopping order values in 1st quarter 2014, by smartphone typeU.S. online shopping order values in 1st quarter 2014, by smartphone type
- Mobile shopping usage in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, by locationMobile shopping usage in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, by location
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter