Smartphone Shoppers Rarely Close the Deal
In the past couple of years, smartphones and tablets have become integral parts of our everyday lives. Mobile devices have changed the way we work, the way we consume media AND the way we shop.
According to research published by Monetate, a provider of e-commerce solutions, tablets and smartphones accounted for 35% of e-commerce website traffic in Q4 2014, almost doubling from just 18% in Q4 2012.
While smartphones now account for more e-commerce traffic than tablets do, the conversion rate, i.e. the percentage of visitors who actually buy stuff, is much higher on tablets than it is on smartphones. The data suggests that even though smartphones become more and more popular to browse for products and compare prices, consumers still turn to bigger devices to make their online purchases.
- Leading mobile shopping activities in the United States 2015Leading mobile shopping activities in the United States 2015
- Most popular mobile shopping activities in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013Most popular mobile shopping activities in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013
- Leading U.S. mobile shopping influence factors 2015Leading U.S. mobile shopping influence factors 2015
- U.S. mobile retail commerce revenue 2013-2020U.S. mobile retail commerce revenue 2013-2020
- United States: retail e-commerce sales 2013-2020United States: retail e-commerce sales 2013-2020
- Online purchasing penetration in Great Britain 2008-2016Online purchasing penetration in Great Britain 2008-2016
- Digital buyer penetration in Belgium 2011-2016Digital buyer penetration in Belgium 2011-2016
- U.S. manufacturing shipments e-commerce value 2003-2014U.S. manufacturing shipments e-commerce value 2003-2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl