Smartphone Shoppers Rarely Close the Deal
In the past couple of years, smartphones and tablets have become integral parts of our everyday lives. Mobile devices have changed the way we work, the way we consume media AND the way we shop.
According to research published by Monetate, a provider of e-commerce solutions, tablets and smartphones accounted for 35% of e-commerce website traffic in Q4 2014, almost doubling from just 18% in Q4 2012.
While smartphones now account for more e-commerce traffic than tablets do, the conversion rate, i.e. the percentage of visitors who actually buy stuff, is much higher on tablets than it is on smartphones. The data suggests that even though smartphones become more and more popular to browse for products and compare prices, consumers still turn to bigger devices to make their online purchases.
- Leading mobile shopping activities in the United States 2015Leading mobile shopping activities in the United States 2015
- Most popular mobile shopping activities in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013Most popular mobile shopping activities in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013
- Mobile shopping activities of smartphone users in the UK in 2012Mobile shopping activities of smartphone users in the UK in 2012
- Sinterklaas online shopping revenue in the Netherlands 2015-2016Sinterklaas online shopping revenue in the Netherlands 2015-2016
- Sinterklaas extra online shopping revenue in the Netherlands 2014-2016Sinterklaas extra online shopping revenue in the Netherlands 2014-2016
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday online revenue in the Netherlands 2016, by dayBlack Friday and Cyber Monday online revenue in the Netherlands 2016, by day
- United States: retail e-commerce sales 2013-2021United States: retail e-commerce sales 2013-2021
- Monthly unique visitors to U.S. retail websites 2016Monthly unique visitors to U.S. retail websites 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl