Apple - The Most Valuable Company in the World
Apple's stock has been on an unprecedented run in the past couple of years. Since August 2002, Apple's stock price increased by more than 8,000 percent.
Since early 2012, Apple is the most valuable company in the world, leaving Exxon Mobil, the long time number on, a distant second. Apple's market value is truly remarkable: with a valuation of more than $600b, Apple is now worth more than twice as much as America's largest media conglomerates combined.
Some are expecting Apple to become the first trillion dollar company in the world. If the new iPhone becomes a hit and the iPad continues to dominate the tablet market as it now does, it could be possible for Apple to reach that historical milestone.
- FacebookFacebook Paid $42 Per WhatsApp User
This chart compares how highly users of different social networks / messaging services are valued.
- NetflixNetflix's Share Price Almost Quadrupled in 2013
This chart shows how selected public technology companies have performed at the stock market in 2013.
- AmazonA Visitor's Worth
This chart illustrates the implied value of a unique visitor to selected internet companies in 2011. The numbers are derived by dividing the average market capitalization in 2011 by the number of global unique visitors in March 2011.
- AppleSix Years in Tech
This infographic compares the market capitalization of seven American tech and internet companies in April 2006 and in January 2012. Apple's market cap soared from 53.4 billion U.S. dollars to more than 400 billion dollars in 2012.
- SmartphonesWinners and Losers
This graphic illustrates the stock prices of smartphone manufacturers in 2011. All values are indexed to the first day of trading in 2011.
- Apple's net income worldwide from 1st quarter 2005 to 2nd quarter 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Apple: net income Q1 2005-Q2 2014
- Apple's global revenue from 1st quarter 2005 to 2nd quarter 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Apple: quarterly revenue Q1 2005-Q2 2014
- Apple's iPhone revenue from 3rd quarter 2007 to 2nd quarter 2014 (in million U.S. dollars)
Apple iPhones: quarterly revenue Q3 2007-Q2 2014
- Top global biotech companies based on market capitalization 2013Top global biotech companies based on market capitalization 2013
- Leading banks- market capitalization May 2013Leading banks- market capitalization May 2013
- Puma Group's market capitalization worldwide 1993-2013Puma Group's market capitalization worldwide 1993-2013
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter