Apple - The Most Valuable Company in the World
Apple's stock has been on an unprecedented run in the past couple of years. Since August 2002, Apple's stock price increased by more than 8,000 percent.
Since early 2012, Apple is the most valuable company in the world, leaving Exxon Mobil, the long time number on, a distant second. Apple's market value is truly remarkable: with a valuation of more than $600b, Apple is now worth more than twice as much as America's largest media conglomerates combined.
Some are expecting Apple to become the first trillion dollar company in the world. If the new iPhone becomes a hit and the iPad continues to dominate the tablet market as it now does, it could be possible for Apple to reach that historical milestone.
- Leading banks globally by market capitalization 2015Leading banks globally by market capitalization 2015
- Domestic equity market capitalization worldwide 2013-2014Domestic equity market capitalization worldwide 2013-2014
- Puma Group's market capitalization worldwide 1993-2014Puma Group's market capitalization worldwide 1993-2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens