Obama Beats Romney to Win Second Term
Barack Obama has been re-elected and will serve four more years as President of the United States.
When the key battleground states Iowa and Ohio were called in favor of Obama, it was clear that Mitt Romney would not be able to win the 270 electoral votes needed to win the presidency.
As of 7:30am EST, Obama won 303 electoral votes to Romney’s 206, with Florida’s final outcome still too close to call.
The race for the White House had been considered open until the last minute, although the latest pre-election polls narrowly favored the incumbent president over his challenger.
- United StatesReturn of an Old Foe?
This chart shows Americans' perception of Russia from 1999 to 2014
- Defense and armsPentagon Plans to Shrink Army to Pre-World War II Level
This chart shows historical active duty U.S. Army personnel and proposed Obama administration cuts.
- Immigration/MigrationDeportations from the U.S. Dip in 2013
This chart shows illegal immigrant removals in the United States from 2002 to 2013.
- 2012 ElectionElection 2012 - Obama vs. Romney
This infographic provides you with key facts about the 2012 presidential election. It will be updated on a regular basis.
- 2012 ElectionSocial Media Discussion of Presidential Candidates Is Largely Negative
This chart shows the degree to which the pre-election coverage/discussion of Barack Obama and Mitt Romney in traditional and social media has been positive or negative.
- Official results of the popular vote of the 2012 presidential elections in the United States
Election 2012: official results of popular vote
- Official results of votes for electoral college in the 2012 presidential elections in the United States
Election 2012: official results
- Preliminary results of the 2012 presidential elections in the United States, as of November 12
Election 2012: preliminary results by state
- Latest polls on Mitt Romney vs. Barack Obama in swing states 2012Latest polls on Mitt Romney vs. Barack Obama in swing states 2012
- Latest polls on Mitt Romney vs. Barack Obama in the 2012 general electionLatest polls on Mitt Romney vs. Barack Obama in the 2012 general election
- 2012 presidential election - number of votes for Obama and Romney by state2012 presidential election - number of votes for Obama and Romney by state
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter