Obama Beats Romney to Win Second Term
Barack Obama has been re-elected and will serve four more years as President of the United States.
When the key battleground states Iowa and Ohio were called in favor of Obama, it was clear that Mitt Romney would not be able to win the 270 electoral votes needed to win the presidency.
As of 7:30am EST, Obama won 303 electoral votes to Romney’s 206, with Florida’s final outcome still too close to call.
The race for the White House had been considered open until the last minute, although the latest pre-election polls narrowly favored the incumbent president over his challenger.
- Latest polls on Mitt Romney vs. Barack Obama in swing states 2012Latest polls on Mitt Romney vs. Barack Obama in swing states 2012
- Outlook on electoral votes for Mitt Romney vs. Barack Obama, by state 2012Outlook on electoral votes for Mitt Romney vs. Barack Obama, by state 2012
- Popularity of Barack Obama in Cuba 2015Popularity of Barack Obama in Cuba 2015
- Most popular Facebook fan pages 2017Most popular Facebook fan pages 2017
- Obama farewell speech - number of viewers in the U.S. 2017, by channelObama farewell speech - number of viewers in the U.S. 2017, by channel
- Public presidential job approval rate by monthPublic presidential job approval rate by month
- 2016 U.S. election: delegates won by Republican candidates2016 U.S. election: delegates won by Republican candidates
- U.S. opinion on the health reform law April 2010 - December 2016U.S. opinion on the health reform law April 2010 - December 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl