A Great Year for LinkedIn
So far, 2012 has been a great year for LinkedIn. While the stocks of other high profile newly public tech companies such as Facebook, Groupon and Zynga cratered, LinkedIn's stock has been on a tear for good parts of the year. Carried by solid financials and decent user growth, LinkedIn's stock is up around 70 percent since January.
The only flaw in LinkedIn's otherwise great track record was the leakage of user data in June, when hackers reportedly gained access to the passwords of 6.5 million users, because the data was not sufficiently protected. LinkedIn issued an apology and ensured users that no login data had been leaked alongside the passwords. Further damage was successfully averted and the issue could be put away as a minor hickup in a good year.
- LinkedIn's net revenue from 1st quarter 2009 to 2nd quarter 2014 (in million U.S. dollars)
LinkedIn's net revenue as of 2nd quarter 2014
- Weekly LinkedIn usage of registered users as of May 2014 (in hours)
Weekly LinkedIn usage of registered users 2014
- Percentage of U.S. internet users who use LinkedIn as of September 2013, by age group
Share of U.S. internet users who use LinkedIn 2013, by age group
- Stock performance of tech companies following their IPOStock performance of tech companies following their IPO
- Market capitalization of U.S. tech and internet companies 2014Market capitalization of U.S. tech and internet companies 2014
- LinkedIn's net revenue as of 2nd quarter 2014LinkedIn's net revenue as of 2nd quarter 2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter