Facebook Remains the Must-Have Platform for Marketers
With roughly 160 million social network users in the United States alone and 1.4 billion around the globe, marketers can no longer afford to ignore the growing importance of a social media presence to brands.
According to a survey conducted by STRATA, a media buying and solutions provider, 91.9 percent of U.S. ad agencies are currently using social media in client campaigns.
The must-have platform remains Facebook, which is no surprise given the networks huge user base. 82.4 percent of the agencies surveyed use Facebook in their efforts to support their clients’ brands.
Surprisingly, Youtube has retaken second place ahead of Twitter. The video sharing platform is currently used by 41.9 percent of the responding agencies, while only 36.5 percent use Twitter’s micro-blogging service.
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens