Facebook Remains the Must-Have Platform for Marketers
With roughly 160 million social network users in the United States alone and 1.4 billion around the globe, marketers can no longer afford to ignore the growing importance of a social media presence to brands.
According to a survey conducted by STRATA, a media buying and solutions provider, 91.9 percent of U.S. ad agencies are currently using social media in client campaigns.
The must-have platform remains Facebook, which is no surprise given the networks huge user base. 82.4 percent of the agencies surveyed use Facebook in their efforts to support their clients’ brands.
Surprisingly, Youtube has retaken second place ahead of Twitter. The video sharing platform is currently used by 41.9 percent of the responding agencies, while only 36.5 percent use Twitter’s micro-blogging service.
- Social media advertising spending in the U.S. from 2011 to 2018Social media advertising spending in the U.S. from 2011 to 2018
- Local vs. national social media advertising spending in the U.S. 2015-2016Local vs. national social media advertising spending in the U.S. 2015-2016
- Social media advertising impact on user behavior in the United Kingdom (UK) 2014Social media advertising impact on user behavior in the United Kingdom (UK) 2014
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017
- Most popular Facebook fan pages 2017Most popular Facebook fan pages 2017
- The 25 most valuable brands worldwide 2017The 25 most valuable brands worldwide 2017
- Number of monthly active WhatsApp users as of 2013-2017Number of monthly active WhatsApp users as of 2013-2017
- Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl