AOL Returns to Growth After 8 Years
Former internet heavyweight AOL announced its first quarterly revenue growth in 8 years on Friday. Fourth quarter sales rose 3.9 percent to $599.5 million spurred by a 12.9 percent increase of advertising revenues. AOL’s stock price jumped more than 7 percent on Friday, as the company continues its climb back to relevance. AOL’s stock has surged 115 percent over the past 12 months, making it one of the hottest tech stocks of the past year.
The latest results mark a milestone in CEO Tim Armstrong’s quest to transform his company from an internet service provider into a digital media company. Since AOL’s spin-off from Time Warner in 2009, the company had acquired TechCrunch and The Huffington Post to re-position itself as an ad-selling provider of premium online content.
The above chart nicely illustrates the slow progress AOL has made in the past 2 years.
- Gross domestic product (GDP) of the United States at current prices from 2004 to 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Gross domestic product (GDP) of the United States 2014
- Real gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in the United States from 2004 to 2014 (compared to the previous year)
Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in the United States 2014
- Total population in the United States from 2004 to 2014 (in millions)
Total population of the United States 2014
- Total worldwide prescription drug revenue growth - projection 2014-2020Total worldwide prescription drug revenue growth - projection 2014-2020
- Year-over-year revenue growth of Amazon and eBay 2006-2013Year-over-year revenue growth of Amazon and eBay 2006-2013
- Advertising revenue growth in 2013-2014Advertising revenue growth in 2013-2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter