Starbucks - Statistics & Facts
Statistics and facts on Starbucks
The Seattle-based coffeehouse chain Starbucks was founded in 1971 as a local coffee bean roaster and retailer. It has since grown into the largest coffeehouse company in the world with more than 19,000 stores worldwide and 14.9 billion U.S. dollars in total revenues in 2013.
11,457 of all Starbucks stores are located in the United States, of which 7,049 are company-operated and 4,408 are franchised stores. Its market share in the U.S. is at about 32.6 percent. Starbucks generates about 74% of its revenue through the sale of beverages, 20% from food sales, 3% from packaged and single serve coffes sales and 3% from coffee-making equipment and other merchandise sales.
According to Scarborough Research more than 20 million people had visited a Starbucks store within the last 30 days in 2012. The American Customer Satisfaction Index, which ranks companies based on the quality of goods and services purchased, scored Starbucks a 73 on a scale of 0 to 100 (with 100 being the highest and best possible score).
|Overview - Coffehouse Chain Market||Values||Statistic|
|U.S. coffee and snack shops industry total revenue||$28.84bn||Details →|
|Number of Dunkin’ Donuts stores||10,858||Details →|
|Number of establishments in U.S. coffee and snack shop industry||51,436||Details →|
|Starbucks revenue worldwide||$14.89bn||Details →|
|Number of Starbucks stores worldwide||19,767||Details →|
|Number of Starbucks stores in U.S.||11,457||Details →|
|Starbuck’s revenue from beverages||$8,588.9m||Details →|
|Total assets of Starbucks||$11,516.7m||Details →|
- American customer satisfaction index: Starbucks in the U.S. from 2006 to 2014American customer satisfaction index: Starbucks in the U.S. from 2006 to 2014
American customer satisfaction index scores of Starbucks in the United States from 2006 to 2014*
- Number of Starbucks outlets worldwide 2013Number of Starbucks outlets worldwide 2013
Number of Starbucks stores worldwide from 2003 to 2013
- Net revenue of the Starbucks Corporation worldwide 2013Net revenue of the Starbucks Corporation worldwide 2013
Net revenue of the Starbucks Corporation worldwide from 2003 to 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)*
- Coffee house chains ranked by number of stores worldwide in 2013Coffee house chains ranked by number of stores worldwide in 2013
- Leading 10 coffee shop chains in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, ranked by store numberLeading 10 coffee shop chains in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, ranked by store number
- Annual turnover of selected coffee shop chains in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013Annual turnover of selected coffee shop chains in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013