Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Canada: Total population from 2004 to 2014 (in millions)
|Inhabitants in millions|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
The statistic shows the total population in Canada from 2004 to 2014. In 2011, the total population in Canada amounted to about 34.3 million inhabitants.
Population of Canada
Canada ranks as the second largest country in the world, in terms of area size, right behind Russia, despite having a relatively low total population. The reason for this is that most of Canada remains uninhabited due to inhospitable conditions. Approximately 90 percent of all Canadians live within about 160 km of the U.S. border because of better living conditions and larger cities. On a year to year basis, Canada’s total population has continued to increase, although not dramatically. Population growth as of 2012 has amounted to its highest values in the past decade, reaching a peak in 2009, but was unstable and constantly fluctuating. Simultaneously, Canada’s fertility rate dropped slightly between 2009 and 2011, after experiencing a decade high birth rate in 2008.
Standard of living in Canada has remained stable and has kept the country as one of the top 20 countries with the highest Human Development Index rating. The Human Development Index (HDI) measures quality of life based on several indicators, such as life expectancy at birth, literacy rate, education levels and gross national income per capita. Canada has a relatively high life expectancy compared to many other international countries, earning a spot in the top 20 countries and beating out countries such as the United States and the UK.
From an economic standpoint, Canada has been slowly recovering from the 2008 financial crisis. Unemployment has gradually decreased, after reaching a decade high in 2009. Additionally, GDP has dramatically increased since 2009 and is expected to continue to increase for the next several years.
- Total population of the United States 2014Total population of the United States 2014
Total population in the United States from 2004 to 2014 (in millions)
- Total population in Japan 2014Total population in Japan 2014
Japan: Total population from 2004 to 2014 (in millions)
- Total population of India 2014Total population of India 2014
India: Total population from 2004 to 2014 (in millions)
- Total population of France 2014Total population of France 2014
France: Total population from 2004 to 2014 (in millions)
- Total population of Brazil 2014Total population of Brazil 2014
Brazil: Total population from 2004 to 2014 (in million inhabitants)
- China: mobile phone users by month September 2014China: mobile phone users by month September 2014
- Number of Starbucks stores in Canada from 2005 to 2014Number of Starbucks stores in Canada from 2005 to 2014
- Vehicle sales in China 2008-2014Vehicle sales in China 2008-2014
- Inflation rate in Iraq 2014Inflation rate in Iraq 2014
- Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in Iraq 2014Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in Iraq 2014
- Gross domestic product (GDP) in Iraq 2014Gross domestic product (GDP) in Iraq 2014