Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Canada: Total population from 2004 to 2014 (in millions)
|Inhabitants in millions|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
The statistic shows the total population in Canada from 2004 to 2014. In 2011, the total population in Canada amounted to about 34.3 million inhabitants.
Population of Canada
Canada ranks as the second largest country in the world, in terms of area size, right behind Russia, despite having a relatively low total population. The reason for this is that most of Canada remains uninhabited due to inhospitable conditions. Approximately 90 percent of all Canadians live within about 160 km of the U.S. border because of better living conditions and larger cities. On a year to year basis, Canada’s total population has continued to increase, although not dramatically. Population growth as of 2012 has amounted to its highest values in the past decade, reaching a peak in 2009, but was unstable and constantly fluctuating. Simultaneously, Canada’s fertility rate dropped slightly between 2009 and 2011, after experiencing a decade high birth rate in 2008.
Standard of living in Canada has remained stable and has kept the country as one of the top 20 countries with the highest Human Development Index rating. The Human Development Index (HDI) measures quality of life based on several indicators, such as life expectancy at birth, literacy rate, education levels and gross national income per capita. Canada has a relatively high life expectancy compared to many other international countries, earning a spot in the top 20 countries and beating out countries such as the United States and the UK.
From an economic standpoint, Canada has been slowly recovering from the 2008 financial crisis. Unemployment has gradually decreased, after reaching a decade high in 2009. Additionally, GDP has dramatically increased since 2009 and is expected to continue to increase for the next several years.
- Total population of the United States 2014Total population of the United States 2014
- Total population in Japan 2014Total population in Japan 2014
- Total population of India 2014Total population of India 2014
- Total population of France 2014Total population of France 2014
- Total population of Brazil 2014Total population of Brazil 2014
- Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in Canada 2014Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in Canada 2014
- Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in the United States 2014Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in the United States 2014
- Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in Canada 2014Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in Canada 2014
- Selected companies recently acquired by Alibaba Group China 2014, by value of stakeSelected companies recently acquired by Alibaba Group China 2014, by value of stake
- Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in Argentina 2014Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in Argentina 2014
- Total population of the United Arab Emirates 2014Total population of the United Arab Emirates 2014